xHoliday Special 4 of 4 - New Year Sun Shorts

Author's Note ~ Hey so this was supposed to release Christmas Day but I've been extremely busy so I couldn't release it on time. Because of that, I decided to change this final special from one about Christmas to one about New Year's. And it wouldn't feel right to not end these without a ton of sun shorts. This is the final special for the month but don't worry, the release date/return for Miracle Clinic Season 2 will be revealed at the end of this chapter. This chapter takes place after "The East Side" storyline but before Chapter 44. Hope you enjoy!

SUN SHORT #1 - Last Customer of The Year

Snow falls outside the Starlight City Bookstore on New Year's Eve as the two owners Jessica Powell & Ivan Palac chat amongst themselves, both waiting for the last customer of the year to finish shopping so they can close up the store.

"Uh sure, I don't want to pressure you," Powell lies before continuing, "But it is already 10 minutes passed since we usually close our business so if you don't mind making your selection already."

"I'm looking!" The customer groans.

Ivan sits in his wheelchair behind the counter contemplating just how long this customer is going to take, minutes? Hours? The whole rest of the year? Every second the customer takes looking for books, the more the owners' patience wears bare.

Then after what seems like eons, a miracle occurs.

The customer makes a decision.

"You guys don't have any good books," the customer bickers as he makes his way out of the bookstore.

As the doors close, Ivan Palac & Jessica Powell are left with one thought; this was their last customer of the year, and hopefully the last time they'll have to deal with them.

SUN SHORT #2 - The Gym's Best Time of Year

"How many sets have you done Peasant?" Garry Jackingson, an old balding yet muscular man with a long gray beard and black designer tracksuit, asks.

The person he's asking is Christopher Wrinkle, a member of the gym Garry owns the 'Dawnbreak Health & Fitness Center', who just got done doing some squats.

"Oh it's my fifteenth set," Christopher responds as he puts away the weights, "Also why're you calling me broke?"

"Because boy," Garry whistles as he shows off his new golden tooth implants, chrome rings, and overly expensive watch, "my whole outfit costs more than what you'll make in your entire life."

"Uh....okay?" Christopher remarks.

Garry Jackingson then whistles as he walks away to flex his outfit to all of the other people working out in the gym. Christopher stands there confused until a personal trainer and boxing coach of the gym, Francisco Champion, walks over to him.

"Don't worry about the boss," Francisco remarks, "he just gets like this around New Year's due to how much money we make this month. Though he tends to blow it all away before February can even come."

"It's fine, my grandpa can be a bit strange at times but that doesn't mean I don't love him," Christopher remarks.

"Oh how sweet of you," Francisco smiles, "But yeah don't worry we aren't all as money-hungry as our boss."

"Okay, I gotta get going but see you next year," Christopher says as he leaves the gym.

"Happy New Year!" Francisco waves.

Though as soon as the doors to the gym close and Christopher has left, Francisco Champion looks at his designer black tracksuit, chrome rings, Gucci shoes, and a golden watch.