2

You walked through the busy streets of Fontaine. Everyone was busy with their own life and you walked towards the simple shop you worked at. The pay was alright and your coworkers messed around most of the time, including you. The people who went to that shop knew everyone who worked there was friendly and approachable, making it more like a place for conversation and interacting rather than buying ingredients and whatnot.

Earlier this morning Neuvillette found himself with less work than usual. There wasn't even a trial being held today. It was strangely peaceful for him. Too peaceful to the point he had no idea what to do this morning. Obviously he had his breakfast and dressed up but after that.. he sat on a chair and thought for a bit before deciding to ask Furina. She is more social than he is and goes out more often so it'd make sense if she knew.

He walked in the street and glanced at the windows of the shops. Each one unique selling its own things. He was caught completely off guard seeing you work inside one of them. You were the cashier at a simple shop talking to your coworker. He stared for a while before deciding to enter. He didn't actually need anything, if he did he'd kindly ask the Melusines, however he thought he'd have an excuse to just meet you. Ever since he's been making your nightly dives a routine in his life he thought it'd only make sense to meet you. Except he didn't have the courage to and each time he saw you in the waters it wasn't really the right place or time.

You were in the middle of a conversation with your coworker when they stopped talking all of a sudden, cutting themselves off.

"Holy shit look who just entered." You look at them confused before seeing a tall handsome man with pale skin, his eyes an amethyst colour in a thin shape you haven't seen before. His hair was silky and white with two blue streaks of hair coming out of them. He was dressed neatly, just himself alone looked expensive.

'Wait what the hell would someone like his be doing here??'

"Woah.. who is that anyway-"

"Chief of justice, dumbass. Even if you live on the beach you should at least know stuff within the city." You hummed in response and saw him looking at the different bottles of water your shop had. Ever since the discovery of primordial sea water, the shop had made connections with Liyue and Mondstadt to ensure that the water you sell doesn't contain any traces of the harmful water. On special occasions you'd even receive water from Inazuma or even snezhnaya. Your coworker saw how you eyed the man's movements and smiled.

"Why don't you talk to him?"

"Why?"

"It'll be funny to watch your face heat up, just go recommend him something... or something."

"I mean.. alright. Wait who said my face will heat up?" You whisper shouted at your coworker's smug face before then shoved you towards the man glancing gently at the things you had. You mouthed an 'I hate you' to your coworker who's mouthing 'I love you too'. You groan quietly in frustration before standing beside the man. His eyes meet yours and he swore his heart skipped multiple beats. Some in shock and some in the foreign feeling he's had since last night.

"If you're looking for some good water I recommend these ones." You held up one of the bottles and showed it to him.

"This one is from mondstadt, it tastes more fresh than the others. But since it's summer maybe having the colder snezhnayan water might help. But it's more expensive." You said smiling at him.

"hm." He takes the smezhnayan bottle of water you showed him, your fingertips lightly brushing against each other. You internally screamed and calmed yourself down. After, you went behind the desk meant for people to pay at.

"It's 950 mora." Neuvillette got a small pouch out and put the payment on the desk in front of you. You counted and this was 1,200 mora..

"Hey wait this is way more than-"

"I apologise for interrupting but I believe your shop deserves it. And you do too. I'll be off now. I hope you have a pleasant morning." Your mouth was left slightly agape and you smiled to yourself at his kindness.

"Thank you monsieur!" You yelled as he began leaving the shop.

"Call me Neuvillette."

"Thank you Neuvillette!" You yelled again at the same volume making him laugh a little. As he walked down the streets with a small bag in his hand he recollected memories of the small encounter he had with you. He thought your energy was delightful, and cute in a way.

Your coworkers, or at least the female ones, ran up to you.

"You're so lucky! The chief of justice is totally into you!" One of them spoke up.

"What are you on about? He was just being nice."

"Yeah but he's usually so cold and aloof. I've never seen him like that before." Another said. You started thinking to yourself and zoning out while they talk to you in excitement. You wondered why you of all people would catch the chief of justice's attention. You and your coworkers continued working for the day, the interaction with you and Neuvillette appearing and disappearing in their conversations. You got back home and changed into your wetsuit to dive again for the night. Neuvillette watching your fluid movements from a distance.