4

Despite your romantic interaction with Neuvillette the other night, the day had become quite stressing. The only thing that had been bringing a smile to your face was swimming with Neuvillette in the salty waters almost like a dance.

Recently business at your shop had been booming. Because of the recent cases revolving around primordial sea water, people had avoided any water even related to Fontaine. People bought the bottles and bottles of water from your shop. However this had caught some eyes as people stopped buying from other stores that had sold similar things. Rumours rose that the water you sold only tasted so good because they had sinthe in them.

Eventually this became true. Someone broke into the shop in the middle of the night and placed some traces of sinthe in the water and even primordial sea water. The next morning someone had dissolved in public after being caught drinking one of your shops bottles of water. Everyone didn't buy from your shop and everyone who worked there were accused of selling the illegal substance. There was a trial being held in a few days and Neuvillette's heart broke greatly for the first time in quite a few years. There were storms and even some parts of Fontaine having flash floods. Neuvillette sat in his office staring blankly at his work and the paper with the details of you and your coworkers trial. Tears silently fell from his eyes before being wiped by his sleeve. He heard Furina entering his office.

"Neuvillette! What is the meaning of all of this?! It's been raining for days now!" Neuvillette stayed quiet before sighing deeply. He was about to answer when Furina had already noticed what situation he was in.

"You're in love!" Furina said excitedly. From his sigh alone she knew he'd fallen for someone. She's only ever seen people make such a sound when people had intense emotions.

"Is that what it is?.. hm.." a few more tears fell from his eyes and Furina is now even more confused.

"What's wrong? Is the feeling not pleasant? Oh! More importantly, who is the lucky lady?" He stayed quiet. Staring at your name on his documents. Furina walked behind him quietly to see what he was staring at.

"Y/n.." Furina read out. Neuvillette flinched at even the sound of her name. It began to rain harder outside.

.

Neuvillette went to the beach you both would originally meet at to swim together. He knew you wouldn't come but Hope had swirled within him. Unsurprisingly, you weren't there. Some small tears fell from his eyes and it began to rain tiny droplets of water. You would've gone out however you were busy packing up. Before anything to do with the trial, nobody would come to the shop at all. Your pay became low and you were eventually fired. You're only still apart of the trial because you were fired very recently. With all the events you haven't been able to find a new job and wasn't able to pay your rent. You'll have to camp out somewhere until you find a decent job and somewhere decent to live.

You sat in the corner of your bedroom and cried quietly before it turned into a full on breakdown. Your face was a mess and you really wanted someone to embrace you, hold you, comfort you in any way.

Neuvillette.

You never wanted someone so much before. You cried harder knowing he wouldn't be with someone like you. You're a mess. And he's going to be at your trial for crying out loud. You think back to when he kissed your hand.

"He was probably just trying to be nice.." you got up after half an hour. You entered your bathroom and washed your face, refusing to look at yourself in the mirror. You entered your bed staring at the alarm clock beside you. It was around 1am.

'1:04.....1:05......1:06........1:..0....'

You eventually fell asleep from exhaustion after staring at the time passing on the clock. You cried yourself to sleep some more listening to the rain hitting against your window outside. Neuvillette was in fact crying as he attempted to get some sleep, staring at nothing.

One day before the trial.