~ONE~

~Julia Phillips~

I woke up to the sound of my older brother and his baseball team cheering about their latest win. 9:47 AM, I read on my alarm clock. I groan as I get up from bed, making my bed and my usual morning routine. Make my bed, change my clothes, brush my teeth, do my hair, clean my room, let the sun in, and finally, face my annoying brother. Jordan Phillips. He is the most annoying person in all of Salt Lake City, or worse in Utah! Maybe to break the record for the most annoying in 1963.

As I walk downstairs I inhale the awkwardness of my brothers perverted friends staring at me. "Hey Julia",said one of my brother's friends, "Hi boys, morning Mom!", I said awkwardly. "Good morning Jules, how was your sleep?"my mother asked as she pulled me into a hug, "It was good," I looked at my brother and his teammates laughing and tackling each other onto the ground, "Mom, why can't they just hang out somewhere else?"I asked annoyed, she shrugged.

"I have to stay at the office by around 8:00 PM, Dad will be home to make supper.", My mother informs me. "Okay, see you later.", I say, "See you soon, tell your brother, okay? Oh, and no fighting!", my mom scolds, "Okay, okay! Bye Mom", I say laughing a little bit before she walks out the door.

"Mom won't be home until 8:00 PM, Dad will make us supper and Mom told us not to fight.", I told my brother, "Okay, can you leave the house for a while?" Jordan asks, "Why?" I question, "Because nobody wants you here! Do your makeup or something, go to the mall! I'll literally give you money to leave us alone!" my brother says, raising his voice a little, "Okay hand the money over," I stick out my hand, him along with his teammate ruffle through their wallets giving me 5 dollars each, "Thanks! See you in 3 hours?" I say slyly knowing their next move, once again the 14 year old boys ruffling through their wallets now only giving me a dollar or less, i smile "Bye!"I walk out hearing faint 'See ya later' or 'Whatever' and the most iconic from my own brother 'I hope you get hit by a semi-truck' I chuckle softly while exiting the home.

Walking a few houses down I reach my friend Wendy's house. I went up to knock on her door, but she was already sitting on the front porch steps with her record player blasting the song 'Hit the road Jack by Ray Charles' drawing with chalk, real mature for a 16 year old. "Hey Wends" I greet, "Hi! Wanna go to the mall today! There's a new maybelline eyeshadow pallet that I am dying to get!" she says excitedly, "Yeah! I came here just to ask you that!" I laugh, "What can I say? Great minds think alike!" we giggle as we leave the front of her house to the mall.

~AUTHORS NOTE~

Hi guys! This is my first story! I really hope I can get people to read this, and if you're reading this, please tell me what you think. Also please give me ideas to add onto this story. I had lots of fun writting this, I hope you liked this first chapter!

-Maya 12/31/23