~SEVENTEEN~

Julia Phillips

The amount of encounters I've had with Scotty in under a week is absurd. I felt bad, the way he yelled at me yesterday made me feel like a horrible person. His voice kept echoing in my head.

"Your brother keeps tormenting me!"

Jeez Julia, stop thinking about it! It's not your fault!

"Yeah Yeah isn't being my friend anymore!"

Oh not again! Why does he keep rebounding every single one of our arguments to Yeah Yeah!?

"You keep slapping all of these talking stages in my face!"

What is he talking about!? I haven't had any talking stages since him! He's the reason I don't trust guys anymore!

"I cant even play baseball anymore because your brother took my place, I mean he's the team captain of the tigers! Why can he play with his own team!?"

My brother was just training! This has nothing to do with me!

"Jennifer is annoying the hell out of me! I was using her just to make you jealous and holy! It's not working!"

He was trying to make me jealous? Well it was working... but he played a girl just because of me. I'm a horrible person!

"You're so conceited!"

God! I know I am! I never meant to be!

It hasn't even been a day since this encounter and it wont get out of my mind. I knew he was right and I knew I could have handled that situation a whole different way, and maybe we would've been on good terms again.

I never meant for any of this to happen, it was true though. I haven't been accepting his apologies and maybe that's why everything has been going down.

When it comes to things like this, all I ever want to do is to prove that they've been doing everything wrong. Now this time I've actually realized that I am being conceited and that I've been making the wrong decisions.

"Julia! Julia! Snap out of it!" My mom exclaims, snapping her fingers in front of my face, "Sorry what is it?" I asked her, "I was asking you about your back to school list, Jordan doesn't have it, do you?" she asked me.

"No i don't have it, i'll stop by vincents and find a newspaper or something" I told her "Okay" she replies. "What took you so long to reply to Julia, what's on your mind?" My dad says, taking a sip of his coffee, "Nothing just thinking about..baseball" I said.

My brother comes down the stairs looking like a monster because he literally just rolled out of bed, "Ew you look like trash" I said chuckling, "Shut your fatass up you dumb stup-" he gets interrupted by my mom, "Jordan Samuel Phillips! What did I say about swearing in this house and swearing ever!?" she scolds him.

"Yeah Jordan! Swearing isn't good!" I said in a teasing tone "And you Julia Claire Phillips! You stop making fun of your brother!" she yells at me too, making me roll my eyes.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I got ready to go to the sandlot today, hoping to maybe see Smalls and maybe apologize to him for being rude. "Jules, are you going to hangout with William's sister and Wendy today?" Jordan asks me, "No, today is Wendy's last shift at the pool before summer break ends, and Maika is at a musical theater program for a few days' ' I told him.

"Who's Maika?" my brother says stupidly, "Are you stupid?" I said dumbfounded, "No i'm being serious who's Mai- oh she's Williams sister" he says realizing house dumb he is, "Yeah, i don't know how you find her hot and then you don't even know her name" I said chuckling.

"Sue me!" he said defensively, "Maybe I will!" I said laughing, he threw a pillow at me "Hey!" I scream, throwing it back at him, "I ain't doing anything!" he yells, laughing and throwing more objects.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After my insane pillow fight with my brother, I finally could leave the house and go to the sandlot. Not only did I want to talk with Smalls but I also just wanted to play ball, I haven't done so in a while. Did I mention I won the pillow fight?

I got to the sandlot and to my surprise I saw Scotty there which made me smile to myself. "Hey guys!" I exclaim, Tommy's eyes light up and he gives me a big hug. I'm basically his sister figure, we've all been friends for a while and they all see me as a really close friend, almost like a sister. Except for Yeah Yeah, we've had some history.

"Hi Tommy!" I said smiling, "Hey Julia, we haven't seen you in a while" Benny greets me, before I could reply, my eyes locked with Scotty. I have always liked him even after we've been fighting. But I couldn't just forgive him for ditching me like that.

After all the guys greet me, we play a round of baseball. I get a bit tired and I go over to the dugout. While walking to the dugout I saw a female figure. I was a bit confused. I thought it was Wendy for a second but once I got closer I realized it was Jennifer.

She stood up and gave me the nastiest look ever, "So you're being a whore i see" she says confidently, I look behind me to make sure she was actually talking to me, "Yes, you dumbass" she cusses me out.

"Girl you have no idea who you're talking to" I said in a threatening tone, "See, you're a conceited bitch. You're ugly, you're fat and nobody will ever like you. You should start backing away from my boyfriend because we both know he would never go for you. This is why he ditched you in the first place." she replies.

Julia dont cry, don't cry...oh my gosh im gonna cry

"Whatever" I said hoping that she didn't hear my voice break. I hear her chuckle while I walk away. "Hey Jules, what's wrong?" Squints asks me, attempting to take a grip on my arm to stop me from walking so fast.

"Nothing." I replied trying to pick up my pace, all of a sudden all of the guys were surrounding me.

"What happened?"

"Are you okay?"

"What's wrong?"

"Did she get hurt?"

"Did you throw the ball at her face or something?"

I finally locked eyes with Scotty who was standing behind Benny. I finally snapped.

"Get your girlfriend the fuck away from me!" I scream at Scotty. "Yo what?" he looks at Benny, "Your girlfriend is being a fucking low life bitch! She thinks she's all that! I'm so done Scotty! I came here to talk to you but she keeps on getting in the way!"

Everybody goes silent "Juli-" Scotty starts "Save it." I said, I started jogging away to my brother's field.