~SIXTEEN~

Scotty Smalls.

I'm currently hanging out with my girlfriend Jenifer. I haven't been at the sandlot for a while because of how much time I've been spending with her.

I got into another argument with Julia but at Vincents. I haven't gone to work in a while as well, I'm surprised that they haven't fired me yet. If Julia and I were going to date then things would definitely not work out because of how much we argue.

I have to admit, I'm dating Jennifer to make Julia jealous and it obviously works. I'm not saying that I don't feel bad because I really do, I just don't know how to make up for the pain I've caused.

"Scotty! Earth to Scotty! Hello?!" Jennifer waves her hands in front of my face making me exit my inner thoughts, "Oh yeah sorry" I stammered, "Whatcha thinkin about?" She asks me.

"Oh nothing I was just zone out" I tell her, "Oh okay, my sister wants me home right now. I'll see you tomorrow" she informs.

"Okay see ya" I say before walking out of my house.
If I'm being completely honest Jennifer annoys me. But she helps me make Julia jealous. I feel bad because I really want to break up with Jennifer and tell her that I was using her.

I've been different from when I first moved here. I used to be that shy,nerdy fifth grader, but now I'm a moody, still nerdy, rude eighth grader.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I wanted to go to the sandlot just to clear my mind a bit, it was pretty late and I was tired of doing a ton of things for my mom. When I got to the sandlot, I saw a whole game going on without me. But how could they play without me? They don't have enough plays... At Least i thought so.

They did have enough players even without me, they were playing with Jordan Phillips. I thought they hated him!

Especially after what he's done to Benny in the past! I can't believe that they're playing baseball with him!

"Hey guys?" I said confused, before anybody could talk the first thing i saw was Yeah Yeah giving me the biggest stink eye in the world. I bet he and Julia are dating now and I regret it.

Another dirty look i've gotten is from jordan phillips, i mean i understand why he was giving me a dirty look, i hurt his sister. But I still didn't understand why Yeah Yeah thinks he's entitled to be giving me dirty looks!

"Hey Smalls!" Squints exclaims approaching me to do a little handshake but before he can put his hand out, Yeah Yeah stop him, "Yeah Yeah enough of that Squints, let's keep playing" he says.

I roll my eyes at him and look over at Benny, "So you guys are playing without me for real this time?" I ask him, "You've just been busy, and you haven't been coming over for a while," Benny says.

"Busy? I haven't been busy, you guys never invited me anymore" I said blankly, "Tell that to your new girlfriend, she's been taking all your time" Ham says chuckling a bit, "Well here i am, i'm here to play now, okay!? I'm here so why don't we play now? '' I said annoyed.

"We have enough players" Kenny says, I look at Jordan who was arm wrestling Yeah Yeah. "Fine." I said blankly and annoyed, I started walking away.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

On my way home I see Julia and her mom with a ton of shopping bags unloading their car. "Hey Jules" I said softly, she looked back at me still holding the shopping bags and looked away.

She walks inside after unloading the car with her mom and then comes back out. "What do you want?" She says straight up "Jules I'm-" she interrupts me "Don't call me that" i sigh "Julia im sorry" i confessed "You said that on the phone a few days ago" she said short tempered.

"Yeah but whatever, I just want you to know that I meant it" I said "Okay?" she says annoyed. "Julia I have tried to apologize so many times but you keep on punishing me! When is it enough!?" my voice raises.

"How do I keep punishing you!?" she raises her voice as well, "You wont accept my apologies! Your brother keeps tormenting me! Yeah Yeah isn't being my friend anymore! You keep slapping all of these talking stages in my face! I cant even play baseball anymore because your brother took my place, I mean he's the team captain of the tigers! Why can he play with his own team!? And god, Jennifer is annoying the hell out of me! I was using her just to make you jealous and holy! It's not working!"

My face feels hot after I just screamed my guts out at her, I exhale to calm myself down because it felt like I just wanted to hit something with my baseball bat.

She rolls her eyes "Just because you're unhappy with your life, doesn't mean you have to take it out on me" which makes me scoff, "You're so conceited!" I yell at her.

I begin walking away feeling unsuccessful before she yells "Go back to your stupid girlfriend!" I bring my hand behind my head and flip her off while continuing to walk.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I collapse onto my bed, feeling super frustrated. I can't deal with this anymore, what is her problem? I have no other way of coping because I couldn't even play baseball anymore.

With all these frustrating thoughts going through my mind a few weeks before school starts I finally start drifting off to sleep, with no peace of mind.