~SIX~

~Julia Phillips~

I wake up with the sun flashing through my window. I do a bit of a morning routine, and since I haven't got anything to do I'm thinking of maybe going out for a run for a bit of exercise.

Thinking about the conversation I had with Scotty yesterday makes me a bit mad at my brother, I can't believe my own brother would make lies like that just to stop me from being friends with people.

I go downstairs to eat some breakfast, "Morning Mom" I say as she is making some coffee, "Good Morning sweetie! What are your plans for today?" she asks me "Uhm, not really sure, I wanna go for a run though" I tell her.

"Oh that's great! You know there's a part time job at Vincent's Drug store, a uhh cashier!" She says, "Part time?" I ask, "Yeah, I thought you could have it for the summer" she says, "Hm okay, is there an advertisement?" I ask, "Yep here" my mom hands me a packet of 6 pages stapled together for the job.

I look through the packet quickly, "Thanks Mom" I say happily, "Are you gonna interview today?" she asks me "Uhm maybe, I'll just walk there you don't need to drive me" I say knowing she'll offer a ride.

My mom smiles, "Okay, well I'll see you later" she says, "Okay love you, bye" i hug her "I love you Jules, you'll do amazing at the interview" she says before leaving the house.

I pour myself a bowl of wheaties and sit down in the living room to watch some things on cable.

I get startled when I hear my brother storming into the house after his sleepover. "Jules, I have something to tell you!" he says seriously.

I raise my brows "What that you lied to make the sandlot boys stop being my friends?" I say accusing him, "No ,but you know what they said about you?" he says, "What did they say?" I ask, "Okay but you need to believe me, that uhh fatty fat one with the red hair, he said that you were pure evil and that you're a dumb rich snob who thinks you're entitled to the world!" he says.

"You're such a liar" I say in disbelief, "Jules! I'm not lying, I promise!" He defends himself. At that moment I knew he wasn't lying, Jordan never says he promises anything! And when he said this I knew he was being truthful, I can see it in his eyes.

I look at him, "Which one said this?" I ask, "Porter, the one with the red hair." He says, "Yeah, yeah I know which one." I began to walk upstairs, even though I was hurt by this I decided to go on with my day.

I go into my room, placing a Vinyl on my record player which is now playing 'Crying by Roy Orbison'. I listen to my record player while I fill out my interview sheet for the cashier job at Vincent's Drug store.

I finished filling out the interview sheet and changed into some shorts and a wife beater. I walk out of my house and begin my run. I end up at Vincent's Drug store and walk inside.

"Hi, I'm here for a part time job?" I say to the nice lady at the register, "Oh great! I'll just take you to this room over here," she says as she leads me into the small room in the store,

"Okay so you'll have to wait here for a bit. I just gotta call my boss to tell him you're here, only a few people know about this job so the chances are high for you to get it!"

The girl winks at me reassuringly, I giggle a bit. A few minutes later the same lady walks in, not with her boss but with Scotty Smalls. She makes him wait in the same room as me. "Hi Scot," I said warmly.

"Hi Julia, you know about this job too?" he asks me, I nod, "Can I ask you something?" I asked him, "Yeah, what is it?" He asks me, "So uhm, my brother told me that you guys didn't want me at the sandlot, and you guys called me pure evil and that i'm a dumb rich snob also that I think i'm entitled to the world?!" I ask him.

He looks down guiltily, "It's not that we uhm..." he stammers, I scoff "Is it true or not?" I ask, "Julia..." he pauses for a bit, I roll my eyes  "Whatever, if you didn't want to hang out with me you could've just told me." I say.

"You know what, maybe it's true, you're just like your brother! I can't believe we thought you were different. I guess being a rich snobby broad runs in the family!" he exclaims which totally silenced me in shock.

We hear the lady come in with her boss, "Hey you two, i'll just take your guys papers and we'll get into interviews right away!".

We got interviewed separately and I got the job. I walk out the store but the blonde boy stops me, "Did you get the job?" he asks me, "Yeah I did" I say blankly.

"Great, well I'll see ya, work-mate" he says before leaving. Workmate? He got the job too? I thought it was only available for one person?"

When I got home, I felt sad. I did nothing wrong to those boys, I've been nothing but nice to them...

~AUTHORS NOTE~

Oooh what'll happen between Julia and Scotty??? Thanks for reading! Please vote!

-Maya 01/04/2024