Chapter 26

Explosions as far as the eye could see and the ears could hear. Explosions that had swept away the vast land and destroyed nature. A country, a world that would soon no longer be the one they knew.

Hundreds of people had died in the explosions, and the fighting had largely helped. Returning to life had simply not been possible.

Screams rang out in the torrents of wind that had been caused. These sounds alone incapacitated every single body.

Sounds that had reached the bone marrow and brought out the fear as it had been planned. The fear of dying and being lonely could be seen and recognized in every human being.

Only a small number did not have this fear that the other people had. They were the ones who had stuck together for a long time and were able to protect their friends. And they had only one boy to thank for this, who was afraid but was able to hide and ignore it in order to protect his friends.

It was much more important to stand up, be brave and be able to fight. Fighting for those who had been weak. And that was many of the shinobi. Not all of them had enough chakra to be able to do anything big at all. Chakra that had become less and less due to the fighting.

But it was much more important to protect the one who had been in danger. This boy who had known loneliness only too well. A boy who had always fought all his life. Fought for the attention he had now received from everyone.

People were brought together who had been at war with each other for years. Who had been ignored and never interfered in other things. Villages that had held grudges against others now stood side by side in this great battle.

Only one boy had managed to turn a dream that the first Hokage had had into reality. Shinobi from all over the world who supported each other. Sacrificing themselves for each other, all because one boy had the dream of becoming Hokage and making peace with everyone.

Years of hatred slowly turned into friendship.

Hatred that had been constantly transmitted was slowly becoming a thing of the past. But not for every man. No, there were many things that not even this boy could get out of the way.

A plan that had been planned for years and would decide everyone's fate today. A plan that was not so easy to solve and would bring even more sacrifices than had been planned.

And all because this one boy didn't want to give up on life. A life that he could take into his own hands and change. A life that he would not willingly give up.

And for this reason, he would never allow this plan that had been forged to bring any more sacrifices. There were already enough of them.

What the boy could do, as always, was to stand up and keep his eyes on those he had to defeat. The people who had already taken so much from him and should finally leave everyone in peace.

"I...won't let my friends die under any circumstances!"