Chapter 45: Chan's Childhood Trauma

Hyunjin is currently dying on the sofa, from a hangover. Every morning after drinking, Hyunjin always says he will never drink again but he always does. Its always the same.

Jeongin is getting changed as its getting close to the time where Chan will be here to pick him up. They walk back out to the living room and sits beside Felix.

Felix looks at him, "Where are you going?"

"Chan is coming here to pick me up soon, he said he has something to tell me"

"Ah okay", Felix thinks for a second then realises what Chan is about to tell Jeongin, "I'm happy he has someone to open up to"

"And I'm happy I can be that person for him"

Felix smiles, happy that his brother is finally happy.

Just the door opens, Hyeongjun decides to talk to his brothers and boyfriend about the hitatus he and Jisung were talkng about.

Chan walks into the apartment, closes the door behind him and walks over to Jeongin and Felix. He sits beside Jeongin and leans his head on Jeongin's shoulder, feeling 10x calmer just being beside them.

Felix looks over at Chan, "Morning, hyung. How was it at ground zero?"

Chan sends a look over at Felix to which Felix translates so quick that he doesn't ask anymore questions, "Oh, that bad"

"Minho has seperated your mothers, Mrs Lee wants to hit your mother for the way she revealed what she revealed the information last night. I don't have the strength to defend her or do anything for her anymore"

"I understand"

Chan takes Jeongin's hand and interlocks their finger together, "Can we sit like this for a minute before we have to go?"

"Of course, Channie"

They sit there listening to the different conversations that are happening. The girls have came in and Yeji is avoiding Hyunjin, everyone has noticed.

Chan and Jeongin get up to leave, but before they do Jeongin whispers to Felix, "If you find out what's wrong with Yeji noona and Hyunjin hyung, let me know"

"Of course"

Chan and Jeongin leave the apartment. They walk into the elevator, Jeongin leans his head on Chan's shoulder and the older leans his head on Jeongin's head.

The elevator dings and they walk out, then out of the building. They make their way to Chan's car. They buckle their seatbelts and Chan starts driving.

A couple of minutes into the drive, Chan grabs Jeongin's hand and brings it up to his mouth, kisses it, "Thank you for being here"

Jeongin smiles, "Of course"

Chan then puts Jeongin's hand on the gear stick and puts his on top of his hand. They drive a bit longer, and Jeongin sees the familar apartment building. 

Chan parks in his spot in the parking lot, he undoes his seat belt and turns to Jeongin, "Ok, so we're going to go to my apartment and we'll talk then we'll go to Minho's apartment, is that ok?"

Jeongin smiles at him, and brings his hand up to his face and strokes his cheek, "Of course, it is. I'm just happy to be with you"

Chan smiles, "I love you"

Jeongin kisses him then says, "I love you too"

They get out of the car, Chan looks about then holds Jeongin's hand as they walk into the apartment building. They go into the elevator and go up to Chan's floor. They step out of the elevator as it opens and they walk to Chan's apartment door.

Chan opens the door and lets Jeongin in first then walks in, closing the door behind him. He takes out his phone and texts Minho that he is at his place with Jeongin and is going to tell him everything. Minho sends back good luck.

He puts his phone into his hoodie pocket, Jeongin had already took off his shoes and is sitting on the sofa. Chan takes off his boots and sits beside Jeongin.

Jeongin takes his hand as it was shaking and holds it, "Hey, its okay. Breathe, you're okay."

Chan takes a deep breath, "Ok, so you know how I take anti-depressants and had to go a therapist for my insomnia?"

"Yeah"

"Well, I want to tell you about the cause of my depression which inturn caused my insomnia."

"Okay, remember to take your time and breathe"

"When I was 7, my mum was pregnant and I found out I was going to be a big brother and have a sister. But when she was in labour, something went wrong and both she and the baby died"

"I'm sorry to hear that. I bet your mum would be so proud of you"

Chan smiles, tears in his eyes, "Thanks"

Jeongin uses the pad of their thumb and wipes away Chan's tears, then holds his face and smiles, "I'm right here, I would never leave you"

Chan continues, "My dad became distant but he still looked after me. Then when I was 8, my dad told me I was getting a little brother as he was dating a woman. They were to move in with us within the week and that I better get along with the younger kid"

Jeongin nods to let Chan know that he has retained it. So Chan continues.

"It was going ok for a little bit. Until Felix, now I do not under any circumstance blame this on him, he did something, maybe kicked a football at our back door and broke the glass? But as my dad comes down from his office and saw the glass, he asked who did it and Felix's mother said it was me, Felix tried to fight it saying it was him but I just said 'Dad, it was me. I apologise, don't take it out on Felix, it was me and only me"

Chan continues, "My dad asked me to come to him, I did and he grabbed my arm and dragged me up to my room. He beat me and told me that I had to pay for the window. Felix would always comfort me afterwards, we always made sure to keep our bond and not let her ruin it."

Jeongin squeezes Chan's hand, "Did anything else happen? Did she do something to you?"

"When I was 8, she told me that because I was such a bad kid and person that's why my parents were having another kid which led to my mother and sister die in labor. She told me that it was my fault that my mother and sister is dead"

"What? How? She?", Jeongin can't think of anything to say until, he asks, "Does Minho hyung and Felix hyung know that?"

"No, I have never told them"