Chapter 50: The Twins Older Sibling Is Here

*3rd of January*

Its after new years but its a couple more days until Jeongin has their top surgery. Hyunjin and Yeji got a text message from their older brother.

They have a groupchat with their older brother Soonyoung, they chat rarely recently as everyone has been busy. The twins with college and the company, and Soonyoung with whatever they have been doing in america with their friends.

------------

the best ones of the family

soonyoung hyung: i'm at the airport! do you two still live in the same building?

yeji: yeah, same floor hyung!

me: do mother and father know you're back?

soonyoung hyung: no, and please keep it that way

--------

When that message came through, the twins looked at each other. They are suspicious but they understand that he may not want to see their parents just yet so they write back.

---------

yeji: of course, hyung

me: they won't find out you're here from us

soonyoung hyung: thanks kids

yeji: hey! we aren't kids, anymore!

soonyoung hyung: you're still kids to me. are youse two in the same place? there's something i need to talk to you about. and i'm bringing someone home, please don't freak out.

me: hyung has a girlfriend? so who is this girl that able to hold you down?

soonyoung hyung: 😂 wait and see, kids.

yeji: mother and father will be so happy.

soonyoung hyung: why? what have they said?

me: we'll tell you when you get here. anyway we're at my place, hyung. see you soon?

soonyoung hyung: yeah, see you soon

yeji: bye, see you soon, hyung!

----------

The twins look at each other, Soonyoung hasn't been back in a few years and he wants to talk? To say they are worried, is an understatement. Even though there are 4 years between them, they felt that they could go to Soonyoung and he could go to them whenever he was worried. Maybe things have changed within the near decade he had left.

The ones at the apartment are Jeongin, Changbin, Hyunjin and Yeji. Jeongin is having a mental health day due to his dysphoria being at a all time new high, Changbin has no classes as well as the twins.

Felix, Seungmin and Jisung are at school. Hyeongjun is at Younghyun's and Sungjin's place, the company agreed that he needed a break and told him to take however long he needs because everyone's healing journey is different and you can't put a time limit on it.

Hyunjin sighs, puts his phone on the coffee table and stands up. He starts tidying and as he does Changbin walks out of his room to the living room.

He sees the speed of how his cleaning so he goes over to Yeji, sits beside her and whispers, "Is he ok?"

"Yeah, its just Soonyoung hyung is coming here"

"Oh, really? Are you going to tell him about what your parents said?"

"Yeah and he also has something to tell us. He's bringing someone home to meet us"

"Soonyoung hyung is dating someone?"

"That's what he's said"

"Well, good for him"

Yeji nods. They have to stay quiet as Hyunjin does clean, especially when he is stressed but if someone makes a noise it snaps him out of it and he stops so when he is cleaning, everyone is quiet. Yeji sends a quiet message to Jeongin, to say Hyunjin is cleaning and then the main groupchat with everyone in it so if anyone was to come home they would know what is happening.

Hyunjin finishes cleaning about 10 minutes later and just as he sits down, there is a knock on the door. He is about to stand up but Changbin stands up quicker and stops him, "Hey, no sit down. I'll get it, don't worry"

Hyunjin sits down and sighs, "Thanks, Bin"

"No problem"

Changbin walks over to the door and brushes himself down, he then opens the door and sees Soonyoung and a guy his height. Before he can say hi, Soonyoung brings him into a hug, "Changbin! Its been so long, Bin!"

Changbin hugs back, "Yes, it has hyung! We've all missed you!"

Soonyoung pulls back and asks, "How are you?"

"I'm great, hyung. I've got a boyfriend now! He's called Felix!"

Soonyoung lights up even more, "Oh, congrats dude! I'm so happy for you, is he here or?"

"He's in class along with Seungmin and Jisung"

Soonyoung nods, "Ah okay. Sad to miss him. Who's Jisung?"

"Seungmin's best friend slash brother"

"Ah okay"

Changbin nods and looks at the guy who is the same height as him, "I know you, don't I?"

The man nods, "Come on, Changbin think carefully"

Changbin thinks for a minute then says, "Jihoon hyung?"

The man smiles, "That's me"

Changbin brings him into a hug, "Oh my god, its so long hyung!"

Changbin lets them in and closes the door, "The twins are in the living room"

Soonyoung nods, leading Jihoon further into the apartment and they make it to the living room.

Yeji sees them and stands up, hugging her older brother and then Hyujnin stands up, and hugs Soonyoung when Yeji stands back.

They look at the guy, who is the same height as Changbin, and Hyunjin asks, "Hi, nice to meet you. I'm Hyunjin, what's your name?"

"Have I really changed that much in the past decade, Hyunjin?"

Hyunjin and Yeji realise who he is by his voice, "Jihoon hyung?!"

"Yeah, that's me", he smiles as the twins hug him.

Hyunjin guides the older two to sit down, then tells Changbin to sit down. Changbin sits down, beside the twins.

Yeji asks, "So how have you been, hyung? Its been a while"

"Yes, it has. Um, so I want to introduce some people to you if that is okay?"

The twins and Changbin nods, "Yep"

"Okay, so", Soonyoung wipes his hands on his trousers, "Jihoon is my boyfriend, we've been together for over 7 years"

Jihoon holds his hand to help calm down him down as Hyunjin freaks out, "And why the fuck did I think you had a girlfriend?!"

Soonyoung shrugs, "I never gave you any reason to think otherwise"

Yeji nods, "Ok, so who else do you want to introduce us to?"

Soonyoung takes a deep breath, "Me"

"What do you mean, you? We know you, you're our brother!", Yeji says.

"Well, I've learned over the past couple of years that I'm not a guy"

Hyunjin, Yeji and Changbin nod.

"I have realised that I'm non-binary and I use they/them. I realised I was non-binary when I identified more with a tiger than a man"

"Ok, do you prefer sibling or brother?"

"Both, I don't mind."

They hear a door open, and its Jeongin walking out his room with Chan's hoodie and his headphones so they have no clue Soonyoung and Jihoon are here.