Chapter four - Hope

Days go by and now it's been 3 months since Kanae is in coma. Sanemi checks on her every day, praying she will wake up. Meanwhile to Hashiras joined another person, and today everyone are going to meet them. Actually he doesn't give two shits about it, he just wants Kanae back. But what if this bersone is going to replace her as a hashira..?
_____________________________________________

Sanemi is enjoying his meal before the hashira meeting. Even if he wants, he can't stop thinking about her. Today he's going to visit her again.

He goes to his usual spot on meetings, everyone knows about what happened to Kanae. And they definitely knows how this hit Sanemi. When they all usually talk before meeting, today everyone is silent. It's the first meeting without Kanae.

Soon the master Ubuyashiki come with his two kids. Everyone bows.

"Hello. What's a wonderful day today is, right my children?" Master could see how everyone feels about the situation, but he's still trying to light up the mood. After Ubuyashiki's words Gyomei greets him too.

"Hello master. I hope Budda has you in his care.." A blind man said with so much respect in his voice.

"Thank you Gyomei." The master said and with a slight move of his head, shows that everyone can already sit and stop bowing.

"I'm sure everyone knows why we're here. To greets a new Hashira..." Everyone is listening to his words, waiting to meet the new Hashira.

"His name is Obanai Iguro and he'll be our new Serpent Hashira. Please come in." Then immediately a short guy comes into the meeting room. He has black hair and bandages on his mouth. His two-colored eyes seem to be scanning the room. His black-white haori is definitely a little too big for him. He stands next to the master. Because of his mask, no one can read his expression, is he happy? No one knows.

"Iguro please sit down next to others." The master said with his usual calm voice.

Iguro without a word sits next to Sanemi. Sanemi feels annoyed about it because it was always Kanae's spot, but now she's not here...

After the meeting every hashira talks to Iguro, except Giyuu he's just standing a few feet away.

"You make your own breathing? I'm impressed" Tengen said while patting the short guy's head. Iguro seems annoyed about it and immediately moves away his hand from his head.

"Yeah, thanks." Obanai said like he's not in the mood in talking, even if he a moment ago became a Hashira. Most people would jump in happiness, but not him.

"Don't pay attention to him (Tengen), he's always like that." Sanemi said while rolling his eyes. He has crossed arms on his chest.

"Huh?! What the fuck you mean by that??" Uzui get angry by Sanemi's comment. The two started arguing. Iguro just stand here and watch those two.

"They're always like that, but don't worry. Everyone here is really nice." The oldest Hashira said, even if he's blind he looked down while speaking to Obanai.

"And what about him?" Iguro pointed at Tomioka. Gyomei sens that he talk about Giyuu.

"He's name is Giyuu Tomioka, he's not a talkative type but a really good slayer." Giyuu hears that they're talking about him and look at them.

"Mhm... Thank you." Iguro lost interest in Giyuu after Gyomei introduced him.

For the next few weeks Sanemi really get along with Iguro. They have much in common. One day they were talking and Iguro noticed that Sanemi seems a little off today.

"Hey, what's wrong? You seems off today." Iguro knows something must be wrong, Sanemi doesn't act like that without a reason. Shinazugawa when he hears his friend voice immediately back to reality. He was just lost in thoughts.

"Oh, umm... nothing, really." He lied, it's been 4 months since Kanae is in coma. With every day a change that she will woke up is smaller... and he with every day hope that she will woke up. But now it's almost impossible... Iguro frowned, maybe he knows each other for less than 4 weeks but he knows him well enough to say he's lying.

"You know I don't believe you." The short guy looked up at his friend. Sanemi growls with annoyance.

"God. Fine... I'll tell you..." Sanemi couldn't stand Iguro's gqze on him. He decided to tell everything, from the beggining. He tell him about Kanae, that she "was" a Hashira. About the fight, and about her coma. But he didn't tell about his feelings towards her.

"Mhm... and it's all because of girl?" Iguro can't understand, it's all about a girl? Well not a normal gir but Hashira. Still he knows it's something else between those two. Iguro because of his past he doesn't like woman's

"Oh, shut up" Sanemi said and rolled his eyes. Then sudently on the sky is Kanae's crow.

"Caw, caw!" Every hashira look up at the sky, to hear the announcement.

"Caw, Caw! Kanae Kocho the Flower pillar has-" Everyone's eyes widened in shock. how it's even possible? That she... no one can believe these news. Even if Iguro never meet her he feels about the news the same way as everyone. He look at Sanemi to see who he react, he will definitely react about it more intense. Sanemi already is far away, he's running to butterfly mansion...
_____________________________________________

I love you guys too 😘😉
Byee to another chapter~~ 🥰❤️‍🔥