Accident Happens

He was so annoying.

Very, very annoying.

Everything about him, his face, his hair, his voice. Ridicule was often thrown at each other without stopping at all, it will never stop. Hate speech, even screams full of exasperations. There was irritation in his heart, a feeling of hatred that was then created, how he could see his old self in the man.

The eldest Afton once exclaimed.

"I hate you!"

So, he returned his words.

"I hate you more."

Ennard stared at the man in front of him who was devouring his dessert with loving gaze. He didn't even pay attention to his own dessert because his attention was completely diverted by his husband. All attention was only focused on Michael, his smile was thin and full of meaning. In the decades they had been together, he had never stopped loving him. Even though there were small fights every day (even though they weren't serious, most likely joke fighting), or they make teasing jokes at each other. He couldn't deny that his world now centered on Michael. He would do everything, he would sacrifice it for his man.

There will be no fatigue in continuing to maintain their relationship.

Even though he didn't care at first, Michael managed to melt him. Even though he always denied it at first, Michael again managed to convince him of his feelings. Even though he was hesitant at first, Michael once again managed to make him firm.

From hate to love, it seemed like a cheap story but they experienced it themselves. As if their story from the past to the present was neatly written by fate.

"Hey, if you don't want to eat the ice cream, just give it to me."

"No way." He jerked away Michael's hand which was about to take his dessert, Michael pouted. "If you still don't have enough, order more. Might as well order me a mocktail."

"No way." Michael repeated his sentence in the exact same tone, before he stuck his tongue out at him and got up to go to the cashier. He watched Michael leave while rolling his eyes, in the end Michael still did what he told him to do. It didn't take long for Michael to order, within two minutes he was already back. "They ran out of mocktails," Michael said as he pulled the chair forward.

"Just say you don't want me to drink it." He stared at Michael who was grinning broadly boredly. "Latte?"

Michael nodded. "Less sugar."

The man really knew him well, he smiled faintly again and cradled his chin on the back of his hand, while with his other hand he scooped ice cream from a small bowl and fed it to Michael, then he fed himself. "Well," he said afterward. "This is too sweet, just take it."

"Didn't you order coffee flavored ice cream?" Michael tilted his head in confusion.

Then Ennard nodded. "But it's still too sweet." He handed the bowl of ice cream to Michael. "Just eat, you ordered me a latte anyway. Too much caffeine, what if my GERD rises?" One eyebrow pulled upwards, he pulled Michael's glass of melon juice towards him. "I could also get diabetes from eating something sweet, you're adorable enough."

Michael raised his eyebrows when he heard that, his smile was a little crooked with his cheeks slowly turning red, then he glanced at him in embarrassment.

"See?" Ennard pushed the glass of juice aside slightly. "You're acting cute now."

The blush on Michael's face grew thicker. "Why are you suddenly flirting like that?" he grumbled in annoyance, still looking nervous while pretending to be busy with the coffee ice cream in front of him. His eyebrows knitted together, Ennard flashed a smile. "It's not like you ... it should be my job, hehe."