ℬ𝓁𝒾𝓃𝓀ℯ𝒹 2

"Al were almost there" I hear Liam say softly against my ear I instantly feel fuzzy all around.

I open my eyes and am met with Liam's bright blue ones already looking at me. From where we are now I can see Basgiath coming into to view I'm glad Liam woke me up early it would not be a good look to be sleeping on the way there. 

As the wagon comes to a halt I take in a sharp breath.

"Al?" Liam asks looking at me with soft eyes "this is just like the balance beam the only difference is that there are a shit load of arrogant asses walking around thinking they are better then everyone else" Liam says with a grin and I can't help but laugh and nod.

He takes my bag and helps me off the wagon and we continue towards the line up to get to the stairwell we have to climb up before finally crossing the parapet Liam the stops for a moment slipping my rucksack of his back and opening it pulling out my mothers journal my fathers bracelet that has runes engraved all over it and the he pulls out my favourite romance book as well as some of my clothes not like I have many anyways.

"Liam what the hell are you doing!?" I whisper yell at him but it's not like anyone would hear me over the sound of dragons wings in the air and boots walking across the gravel.

"It too heavy for you" he says zipping my rucksack back up the opening his "I will put them in mine then give them to you once we make it across parapet" he says locking eyes with me before zipping his bag up and handing me mine. Well he's not long it's a lot lighter now but this isn't right.

"Li-" I start but he cuts me off holding up a finger.

"No if you protest I will drag your ass back to the foster home" he says as we move up the line there are now only four people in front of me.

"Do you see bodhi anywhere?" I ask scanning the crowd but I don't spot a head of brown fluffy curls anywhere.

"No I haven't seen him he might have already gone up.." Liam says quietly. Then points to in-front of me where a older man with a pen and long sheet of paper asks for my name.

"Alora Lennox Martinez" I say and the man's head snaps up so fast I'm pretty sure I heard a crack so does the younger rider next to him.

"Holy shit like Apollo Martinez and Trina Lennox?!" The rider says practically jumping up and down.

"The one and only" I say shifting my gaze back to the older man I now recognise as the captain although I can't remember his full name.

The captain nods at me and I step to the side and wait for Liam he then comes over to me and takes my hand as we head through the huge doors that lead into the stair well.

About halfway my ankles start to cramp I've always had sucky ankles it's definitely one of my weakest points I think Liam noticed my steps slacken as he places a hand on my lower back.

"Alora fucking Lennox martinzie!" I hear some one call out my name.

And the I see a flash of bright pink hair. "Imogen!" I say as she rushes up towards me and Liam pushing past the other candidates but we keep moving not wanting to hold up the line.

"Okay I absolutely love that your are here don't get me wrong but what the fuck are you doing here and who the fuck is he" Imogen says while glaring at Liam the to his hand that's keeping me up on the small of my back.

"Well we kinda snuck our way here and before you say anything I did it for bohdi also don't say anything to him...he doesn't know" I say quietly hoping that no one over hears us "also this is Liam he's mine and bodhis friend who decided to come along at the last minute" I say hoping that Imogen doesn't snap at him.

Imogen the let's out a laugh that fills the entire stairwell "holy shit that's- oh bohdi is going to be so pissed at you" she says chuckling.

" I know " I say barely above a whisper

"Wait is that Quinn?" Imogen says squinting back down the stairwell "it is!" She say before turning back to me and Liam "bye love you see you after parapet!" She says as she makes her way to Quinn.

I shake my head at her before turning back to Liam who is once again already looking at me "we used to be neighbours and best friends before the rebellion started and we both got split" I say and Liam nods looking back in-front of us.

"We're here" he says dropping his hand from the small of my back and lacing his fingers with mine. I take In as shaky breathe as I see another candidate fall from the parapet he screams the entire way down only stopping once he it's the bottom...

I look at Liam who is now rubbing my hand with his thumb as we move up in the line me in front of Liam "Al remember what I said earlier it's just like the balance beam okay there is no way that you will fall I'm going go right behind you I will make sure that I fall before you ever do" he says emphasising the ever as we come up to the riders waiting for us.

The one taking names looks awfully familiar but I can't quite put my finger on it the third year then nods at me to get my name taken.

The boy taking names looks up his eyes meeting mine "shit" I let fall out accidentally.

Xaden riorson bodhis cousin who I just happened to have met a couple times.

"Aren't you nineteen?" Xaden asks in a mocking tone that makes me want to be sick.

"Shut up" I say through grated teeth.

"I think you should walk back down those steps candidate". He says with a sick smirk.

"In your dreams" I say getting impatient

"You know your father oversaw the execution of my father" he says glaring at me what is with this guy dose he seriously need to hate me?

"And my mother fought by your father till her last breath" I say keeping my head up I can feel Liam's eyes burning into the back of my head but I try to ignore it as me and xaden have some sort of stand off?

He hums in agreement almost as if he wish that he actually had a reason to hate me.

"Name?" He asks even though he's already jotting it down on to the paper.

"Alora Lennox martinzie" I say with my head held high trying to prove that I'm better then all of this shit.

The third year next go xaden snaps his head towards me then gives me glare that could very possibly kill me what the fuck did I do?

I shrug it off and step onto the parapet stretching my arms out to either side of me. 'It's just like the balance beam' I recall Liam's words in my head over and over.

"Al don't turn around keep on going just listen to my voice" Liam says softly over the wind that's whipping at us worse then they would ever do at the foster home when you would mess up I feel bile come up in my throat just thinking about it and remembering the huge scar I have that now runs down from the nape of my neck all down my back.

I forget about the Forster home and try to focus on Liam as he retells story's about what we did when we first met and how we hated each other and how we envied each other for there skills in combat.

My breathing slows down and I close my eyes for a second but when I open them I bang into something hard the sends me toppling backwards and off the edge of the parapet.

A/N
Uh oh someone's gonna die?
Sorry if this chapter has a lot of errors or isn't that good I went back and forth quite a lot and just wanted to post something but I hope you enjoyed it anyways.
Also there's a lot more behind why xaden is trying to hate Alora shhhh I didn't say that anyways byeee love youuuuss

XXX

-pretty girl

-1462