𝒟𝓇ℯ𝒶𝓂𝓈 6

I look the gauntlet up and down trying my best to control my breathing. The jumps in between the different obstacles looked impassable considering my stupid stubby legs I might make it if I can get good run up that might help.

"All right since you don't have any second years in your groups we will have your squad leader show you how it's done " the teacher said and two second years stepped forward xaden my squad leader and the girl who used to be my squad leader. Since we had the most cadets in years we had to work with another squad and that meant less time for everyone.

But luckily the squad that joins ours was Haylins squad that much I'm thankful for.

The teacher pulled out a timer and yelled go then xaden bolted off and was up the gauntlet it what felt like les then a minute.

Then the girl stepped forward and the teacher started the timer once again she ran through it almost as effortlessly as xaden but she wasn't as fast compared to him but apparently he's great at everything so it just seems unfair.

"Some of the best in there year. You'll have to Be better then them if you want it graduate" the teacher says sternly.

"So inspirational" I hear a deep voice mutter from besides me I let out a small laugh as I lol to see who it is.

Marlo. I'm instantly reminded of what happened in sparring and his offer. As soon as I see his dark emerald eyes he smirks at me.

"Ho you doing princess?" He says almost mockingly and I roll my eyes at the pet name.

"Miserable now that your here" he told his eyes at me this time before pretending to pout.

"You sure about that princess I think love me" he says love dragging out the e

"Only in you dreams" I say turning my attention as the teacher begins calling out the order of who will go when for haylins squad.

"How'd you know? I had a dream last night it was you and me and you had taken me up on my offer" he says leaning closer towards my so he I can feel his boy breath but not for long before I feel a hand and my shoulder.

"Alora we need to go line up" bodhi says form behind me. pining Marlo with a glare. Bodhi guides me over to Liam and we listen out for our names as the teacher begins.

"What was that for?" I ask looking at bodhi I was simply flirting—I think or Marlo just hates me.

"He—I don't think you should be around him Lora he is related to melgren and you know how he is about us" bodhi says his eyes falling into to his relic that trails up his arm. "And as your older brother I think I have atleast some form of input in who you date" he says patting me on my head.

"By like a few months" I mumble "wait Marlo is related to general melgren?" I ask I'm a very nosey person who just happens to 'over hear' a lot of things but this is one thing I have not over heard.

"Yeah apparently he's like his uncle or something" bodhi says

"Well that's rude" i says crossing my arms over my chest.

"I—never mind" bodhi says as if he thought better of whatever he was going to say.

"Bodhi Durran!" The teacher then calls out and bodhi steps into the line conveniently right behind Marlo who smirks at bodhi. Who then turns to me looking at me with an I told you this guy is an asshole look.

"Do you know how you are getting up that chimney?" Liam ask's coming to my side.

"No....I know I'm not nearly tall enough to touch the sides" I say looking down at my body.

Liam nods as he looks at the chimney "the ropes maybe?" He looks at me "it will cost you and extra thirty seconds for every rope you use and to make it up that that's an additional what three minutes?"

I nod not bothering to calculate it all Liam is definitely the brains between me and him I have never been good at math.

"I will not come in last" I say and he already knows that.

"I know but Al it's better to be last then nothing at all just another name on the death roll " he says his voice soft

I nod then Liam's name is called and he squeezes me hand before standing behind a girl named melody I pretty sure.

My name is the last to be called meaning every one will be watching me as I make my way up the gauntlet...that's comforting.

Bodhi and Liam do it just as effortlessly as xaden putting Liam in first place and bodhi in second place for the fastest times.

Even though this was just practice it didn't change the fact that i was so nervous I felt like I could throw up.

The second last person starts and I get ready to bolt over the first obstacle the spinning log I was talking to the girl in front of me and she said to just bolt her name is raya and she also friends with haylin.

I take in a deep breath as she makes it half way and the teacher yells go at me.

I get tunnel vision as I run across the spinning log and leap onto the wooden piller I stumble slightly but quickly regain my footing I use all the space I have to get the most amount of doors and I land on the next one I keeps going buy as I make it to the last one a slip backwards but luckily I keep a hand on the edge of the piller and I haul my self up and jump to the spinning wheel probably my favourite part of this entire thing.

I've always been best at balancing so I make it across quickly then I jump on the swing ball that is still slightly swaying form raya and hurry to my feet and as soon as the stone ball infront of the one I'm on goes to collide I jump onto it latching to the chain I make it across the last two.

I then run up to the wooden beams that hand over head and I use all my upper body strength to swing my self to the next ones I then swing my self to the stone Piller's but I swing a bit to far making me almost tumble over the edge these ones are harder then the wooden ones since they don't have as much space but I make it across and run up towards.

The wooden logs that lead up to the chimney I run up the logs and I am faced with the brick chimney.

Liam's words replay in my head "it's better to be last then nothing at all. Just another name on the death roll" so I suck up my pride and start the climb I hold onto the rope with one hand the other against the brick wall I use the rope until it's frayed ends are out are reach then I latch onto the next one but just as I do my foot slips making me slam into the bricks but I keep hold of the rope.

But as I try to find my footing I realise that I can't and my hand can't hold on anymore but before I can do anything i plummet downward.

I'm atleast halfway up making it a big fall and it's most likely that when I do hit the bottom I will roll of the edge of the clif.

My heart drops and air is too strong to do anything so I'm just helplessly falling Im going to die there is no one waiting or catch me no one who is reaching out for me.

I try my best to take in a deep breath as I look beneath me I have atleast two mor minutes.

But those two minutes end very quickly when I feel my back slam into something hard I slowly open my eyes to see shadow lowering me back to the ground.

Once I am back on the ground and I go to stand I almost instantly fall but xadens shadows catch me and lean me against the stone. 

Pain erupts everywhere as I slide down the stone wall I'm guessing from the impact of the chimney.

My head starts screaming at me and my vision going fuzzy just as I hear some one screaming my name.

A/N

Sooooo I had so many ideas for this chapter but this is what I came up with so I hope you all enjoy it!!!

Byeeee

XXXX

-pretty girl

-1497