Chapter 3

As Horace lay there in her bed, her long and luscious locks laid out on the silky pillowcase perfectly, she couldn't help but think of Alejandro. He was- well, perfect. He was kind, strong, handsome... No, what was she thinking?! She couldn't feel attracted to a horse, he neighs and whinnies.

But still, her mind wandered and she imagined what it would be like to live on a farm. She was only renting it out for the summer, but since she was not like other girls whatsoever, a farm was a perfect place for a girl like her to stay. No boring corporate job with horribly unattractive coworkers, no normal-girl things like makeup and shopping. Just mud and horses- I mean handsome guys who farm tomatoes or whatever.

She started to wonder why a farm- of all places- was the place she picked to find a hot guy. The only real guy she had met so far was shaped like a potato, and was horribly unattractive, unlike her, who was perfect and could do no wrong.

She questioned if Alejandro could even qualify as a horse. He sure wasn't a human, but horses don't have human heads either. He wasn't a centaur, he had a horse-like torso, and at this point, she didn't know what to call him. He was different, sort of like her.

Maybe he could understand her. Nobody had understood the poor and perfectly misunderstood girl so far, but maybe Alejandro would be the one to finally relate to her beautifully depressing trauma of not being like other girls.

Maybe Alejandro wasn't like other horses, too. She had never met another horse, but with the way Alejandro described the farm, she guessed that there were many to choose from. Were they all as handsome as Alejandro? Wait, she couldn't be thinking like that.

She knew she had an unmatched beauty that would turn heads and induce murmurs and gasps as she walked by, but Alejandro had never complimented her on it. For most, this would be a rude thing to do, but for Horace, it was a breath of fresh air. For all her life she had been complimented on her looks, her perfect personality only adding to the charming mystique and all-around niceness. Her beautiful youth and youthful beauty were always brought up in conversation, but with Alejandro, it was different. He never brought up her looks in the slightest, and let Horace see his true personality shine through. Though he was a fine stallion, his human-like mannerisms gave him a sense of individuality that no other human could ever replicate, except for Horace of course, being as amazing as she is.

Maybe Alejandro also suffered from being too good-looking, maybe he understood Horace's pain and took that into consideration while talking to her, and decided not to bring up how stupidly beautiful she was and always will be.

She sighed, fluttering her long lashes in a lovely manner, looking great as always. Her perfectness was no match for Alejandro, of course, but he was very handsome, she couldn't deny.

Her face was basked in glimmering moonlight, sharpening the bridge of her beautiful nose, and her pointy chin, which looked like it could cut a steak with ease. She was the face of beauty, and her elegant mannerisms only furthered that belief as she was in the hearts and minds of all who knew her.

Maybe one day she would find that special someone who could connect with her, and she was already thinking of one horse- I mean man, who she thought was perfect for her.

However, her slim and perfect self was exhausted from a full day of looking amazing without trying, so she fluttered shut her shimmering orbs with a dainty sigh because nobody would ever understand her, and slowly drifted off to sleep, where she would surely dream of a nice, hardworking, handsome horse- I mean man, who was hot and handsome and who could do no wrong, (just like her, beautiful and pure) and who could farm wheat and carrots like no other.