1 | Almost A Bollywood Movie

SOHA'S POV

I smiled as my friend, Shreya, talked about her boyfriend, but it most definately wasn't from my heart.
I missed Siddhant. We haven't really talked in ages (if five years counts as ages) and I found myself thinking about him quite often, especially whenever the topic of boys was brought up.

Shreya went on and on, still ranting about how cute her boyfriend (whose name was too confusing to remember) was and what they had done for their one year anniversary.

I found myself drifting off from her boring chatter, and daydreaming about my boyfriend (a la tete) and how he'd cuddle up next to me, my head resting againt his moobs. It all seemed so romantic.

The dismissal bell brought both me and Shreya out of our worlds as we gathered our school stuff and exited the class room.

"Soha, you seem so quiet today. Whats up?" Shreya asked, falling into step with me.

"Nothing really. Just been tired lately," I replied, quickly thinking of a lie.

"I'll catch up later then," She replied, running off to her bus.

I sighed as I walked alone, when suddenly I noticed someone in the distance. It was like magic, when I saw him, everyone else disappeared. In my mind, everything seemed to play out like a dramatic Bollywood movie.

I quickly fixed my messy hair, and applied a thin layer of baby lips to smoothen out my chapped lips (and also because I might have been wearing the exact same flavor on a very eventful day five years back.)

I heaved a heavy sigh as I walked in his direction, which was coincidentally also the direction of my bus. As I drew nearer, I noticed that Siddhant wasn't alone, he was surrounded by a bunch of kids - mainly the chicks of the 'popular gang.'

A feeling rose up inside of me, but I ignored it and continued walking. I made sure not to look at him as I trotted with my head held high. If he wanted me, he would come and get me.

I was getting closer and closer to my bus and yet Siddhanth was showing no signs of coming towards me. I sighed, who was I kidding, why would a handsome hunk like him want to be around me when he has girls like Poornima who throw themselves at him?

A wave of sadness came over me as I enetered my bus and sat on my usual seat. I stared out the window, all I needed was some dramatic music to actually make this a Bollywood film.

I suddenly could smell a glorious smell- something that smelt like chlorine and sweat fused together. Only one person I knew had this wonderful scent but its not possible he's here so -
HE'S IN MY BUS!!!!!!! Siddhant, my dearest husand, is standing less than 4 feet away from me, in the same bus as I am. Oh, mein kya karu?

I continued staring, shocked, when he noticed me and looked at me. I felt myself blush and was just about to look away when I noticed that he was blushing too! I looked towards the floor shyly. HE BLUSHED! He already looks so cute and with those slightly red cheeks he looked even cuter.

Suddenly, a pair of black chappals came into view. "Hi."

I looked up, not daring to believe my ears but they indeed were true - Siddhant stood in front of me, greeting me.

"Umm...hi?" I replied unsurely.

"Don't tell me you don't remember me?" He asked, jokingly, although I could sense something that sounded slightly like sadness laced in his voice.

How could I ever forget his beautiful face? Its an impossible task to forget him.

"Haha, of course I remember you, Siddhant. We were in fourth together right?"

His beautiful lips curved into a smile as he nodded. The things I dream of the those lips doing to me is definitely haram.

"What are you doing here?" I asked politely, staring into his amazing kala eyes.

"I've just shifted my house, so my bus got changed as well," He smiled exposing his terribly crooked teeth- which looked perfect to me.

It took my slow brain a while to process the words he had spoken, and when it did, I swear I almost had a heart attack right there.

Siddhant, the sex god, is in my bus?!

I could hardly contain my happiness and I hoped for my sake that he couldn't sense it. It seemed like my heart had suddenly jumped all the way up to cloud nine.

Breaking out of my trance, I noticed that Siddhant had placed his bag on the seat right next to mine and I let out a small, inaudible squeal. My luck was great today.

He laughed, yet again exposing his teeth that were in dire need of braces.

He and I had spent the entire bus ride chatting about subjects differing from teachers to favorite colors. It was as though we were back in grade four.

"Well, this is my stop," I stated, standing up. I was sad to leave, I enjoyed being in Siddhant's company so much. His personality and cute remarks kept the conversation comfortable and sweet.

"No way," he exclaimed lightly, "I live here too!"

I gasped, "In this building?"

He nodded.

I abruptly turned around and descended the steps of bus, feeling him follow close behind me.

I absolutely could not believe my luck. Needless to say, I was ecstatic about having him live the same building as I did.

We continued up the elevator, making small talk.

"Which floor do you live on?" I asked. Hey, there could be a chance of me completely lucking out and have him live on the same floor as I did.

"Ninth floor."

Okay, I did completely luck out. I stared at him in disbelief as the elevator took us up to our floor.
We got our together, his hand slowly brushing mine. His hand brushed mine! This is by far the happiest moment of my life.

Okay, calm down Soha.

"Well, I've gotta go," I said, pointing to my door.

"See you tomorrow, then." He shot me a smile as opened the door of the flat right opposite to mine and entered.

Even after he left, I stayed in the hallway for a while. Did all that just happen? I absolutely could not believe that my jaan lived right opposite to me!

And all those smiles, and that blush. Could it all mean something?

  ☆  

MINI-GLOSSARY:

Mein kya karu - What will I do

Jaan - love (?)

kala - black

author of this chapter:
Blake blakethebacteria