3 | Poornima Trouble

SIDDHANTH'S POV

I laid back on my bed and shut my eyes. All the crap the guys were saying in school came to my mind. How could I have made such a stupid mistake, I still don't know how I ended up making Poornima my girlfriend. Of all girls, why Poornima ?

Flashback

It was a free period and I was walking with the two Mohammads towards Soha's class hoping her teacher wouldn't be there. My Mom had baked her favourite chocolate cake and wanted me to give her some. I looked at the foil wrapped cake in my hand and memories of me feeding Soha this cake when we were small flooded my mind.

Suddenly I bumped into someone who put so much effin' perfume it almost burnt my nostrils. Poornima.

"Oh sid, what are you doing here? "she smiled in a way that other guys would've thought was sexy but i felt it resembled a donkey.

"Hey poornima!", Ali said. But she ignored him as she saw the foil pack in my hand.

"OMG, you came here all the way to give this to me? Gosh you're such a sweetiepie" she literally screamed.

"No-" I started but was cut off by ahemad "so that's why you came here! So she's your new girlfriend now, eh?"

"NOWAY" Poornima shrieked "I've been waiting for this for so long, you've finally come to senses...."

God this lady never stopped. I was just about too clear the misunderstanding when the bell rang. "Shit," I muttered under my breath.

We ran back like ninjas so we couldn't be noticed but failed. And some teacher yelled at us to stop but we only ran faster.

Fuck! I left the cake with poornima and that god damn shit was my girlfriend now.

Before I would be able to tell her she's not, it would have been spread out to half of the school.

God there is no difference between gossip from her mouth and a virus. Both spread like wild fire.

Why can't her mouth be like Soha's? oh Soha, those soft, full glossy pink lips.....

SOHA! What will she think ? SHIT SHIT SHIT ! Damn it.

______________________________________

I let out a tired sigh and plugged in my Ipod . I groaned when the song suddenly the song "love me like you do" suddenly blasted into my ears. But when thoughts of Soha mixed with the lyrics of the song the volume didn't matter anymore. I mean, she is really the only one I want to touch.

I really wished Soha was in place of Poornima. We would have been so much more happier.

I need to tell Poornima the truth. But I just can't stand girls crying. I remember the time I joked about soha and she found out. She cried that day and it pined me so much to see those tears.

I can't take it anymore.

_____________________________________

I woke up to the sound of my alarm and checked the time. Fuck. I missed my bus. I went to my bathroom, took a shower and got ready super-fast. I applied AXE deodorant and imagined myself in those advertisements with all those sexy girls coming towards me but I quickly replaced them with Soha and automatically started smiling. Gosh, this girl was driving me bonkers! I went downstairs to my living room only to find my parents angrily glaring at me, obviously for being late. I apologized profusely to my mom, but got no results. God, my mom was so annoying! I decided on apologizing more to her after coming back from school. I went to my dad with a 'good boy' face and puppy eyes and begged him to drop me to school and he agreed. My dad was so easy to convince. While leaving the house my mom screamt at me and said that she would give me a thappad when I came back. I flinched and ran outside with my dad before she would change her mind and decide on giving me a thappad  at that moment itself.

I opened my door and saw the most gorgeous girl on this whole planet-Soha- who was sad because she missed the bus. She looked like an angel in the white uniform which pressed against her body showing off her perfect curves. She smiled at me and I blushed like a dulhan being flirted with by her fiancé. I smiled back and tried my best to keep my eyes off her full, pink, gorgeous lips. I heard her saying something but I was too captivated by her beauty to respond. But then she waved her hand in front of me and said, "Siddhant, are you okay?" and that's when I realized that I was staring at her like a weirdo for the past 2 minutes with MY DAD beside me. Shit. Now my dad will ask me thousand questions after I come home.

I was getting into the car when I noticed that Soha didn't have any transport to go to school. I crossed my fingers and asked my dad if he could take her along too and OH EMM GEE, he said yes! My heart leaped with joy as I started imagining what a 45 minute ride with Soha would be like. I told her to come with us and she instantly agreed. She sat beside me and the rest of the ride was just sunshine, rainbows and Soha's glossy lips.

We reached school and we got down from the car. Soha thanked my dad and he smiled at her and I hoped that it created an impression on him so that when I confess my feelings to Soha and ask her to be my girlfriend, he won't mind. My dad left and then it was just me, her and cupid. The bell rang and sadly, we had to leave for our classes.

"Bye Siddhant, see ya later," she said waving her hand at me.

"Wait a minute I want to ask you something," I said, not wanting her to go way.

She looked at me expectantly as I gathered the courage to ask her to hang out with me.

"I was..um..thinking...if we c-could hang out together s-sometime..." I asked, stammering like a gadha. I knew that only applying a shit load of AXE won't get soha to hand out with me, I was gonna have to behave like a man to get to spend more time with her, not like a dulhan. I mentally face palmed myself for being such a scared ass and cleared my throat. "I mean, how about we hang out together after school?"

"Sounds cool! Meet you at Tim Hortons at 4, okay?"

"Okay, great!" I chimed, not wanting to wait anymore for 4 o'clock.

She waved her hand at me one last time and left. I couldn't help but notice how her hips swayed in a perfect manner as she walked. She is an epitome of perfection.

Already feeling restless when she was out of my sight, I prayed for Poornima to stay out of my sight for the rest of the day.

OH MY FREAKIN' GOD!

I CAN'T WAIT FOR 4 o'clock!!!!!!

_____________________________

MINI-GLOSSARY

thappad: slap

dulhan: indian bride

gadha: donkey

___________________________

AUTHOR OF THIS CHAPTER:

skyler  skylerthesporangium