1.

-
October 12, 1996, Kinney prescott was in her room, sitting on her medium-sized bed, doing some late night homework.

Her walls were covered in horror movie posters along with band posters. Her room had horror related stuff all around, plushies of different animals littered all over her floor and closet.

She wore gray pajamas pants with a worn-out Beatles t-shirt underneath a grey oversized hoodie along with long white socks.

Her hair was loose, slightly wet from her shower from half an hour ago.

There was a TV in her room that was playing Dracula. The volume was on low, but yet it was loud in her closed room.

Popcorn in a bowl sat next to her. She reached over and took some popcorn, throwing them in her mouth.

She lifted her head towards her window as she heard noises coming from outside.

Confused and concerned that it might be an injured animal, she stood up from her bed.

She walked over to her window and unlocked it, sliding it open. She peaked her head out, coming face to face with a very surprised Billy Loomis.

"Hi." Billy whispered, and Kinney raised an eyebrow at him, titling her head in Confusion.

"You do know Sidney's room is two windows to the left?" She quietly questioned

Billy chuckled, nodding his head. "Yeah, I do, but her window is locked, and I was hoping yours was open."

"Well, it wasn't. I thought it was an injured bird or something. Unfortunately, it was just you." Kinney replied as she stepped back and let Billy inside.

"Close the window. The cold is getting in." She told him, and Billy climbed through her window and closed the window shut.

"You know where the door is." She said, sitting back down on her bed, but instead of Billy walking out of her room, he sat down on her bed, stealing her bowl of popcorn.

"Dracula. That's a good movie." He told her, and Kinney nodded. "Yes, it is."

She reached over and snatched the bowl of popcorn from him. He gave her an offended look, "Hey, I was eating that."

Kinney smiled ,"really? Me too before you took it for yourself. Anyway, sid is not gonna like it if she finds out you are in my room."

"Why would she care? We're friends, right? Friends hang out all the time." Billy replied, trying to snatch the bowl of popcorn back, but Kinney held it away from him.

"Get out of my room, loomis." She said, and he sighed, standing up. "Fine."

His foot kicked something, and he grinned, picking it up.

"Why can't we let Billy stay here?" He mimicked a child's voice as he held up a teddy bear.

Kinney sarcastically smiled ,"because Billy needs to go to his girlfriend room before he gets in trouble." She stood up and snatched the teddy bear from Billy.

"That's my teddy bear, loomis." She said, and Billy groaned, "Come on, kin, Sidney's gonna make us watch some romantic movie."

"Oh, that's bad. Want me to turn off the power?" Kinney questioned, and Billy blinked, "You'll do that for me?"

"No, I need the heater cause it's cold." Billy rolled his eyes. " I hate you."

"Great, I'll add you to the list of people that already hate me." Kinney replied, sitting back down, and Billy frowned.

"I didn't mean it, you know? I don't hate you. You are like...my best friend." Billy told her

Kinney chuckled ,"Yeah right, that's stu, and we both know it." Billy chuckled ,"my second best friend." He corrected himself.

"Yeah, cause I always come second to everyone." Kinney mumbled, but Billy heard, and he frowned,

"Out before Sidney sees you in here. She'll have my head on a silver platter." Kinney told him

Billy nodded, "See you tomorrow?"

Kinney smirked, "It depends if you don't die watching a rom con movie." Billy chuckled

"Wish me luck." He said, walking over to the door.

"Good luck." Billy walked out and closed the door behind him.

Kinney shook her head, slightly chuckling before frowning.

She pulled out her journal from in-between the bed and opened it.

act like a jerk to Billy because you have had a crush on him since 3rd grade?

The words she wrote over a year ago, once Billy and Sidney announced that they were dating, stared back at her.

She thought maybe if she was a jerk to him. He'll leave her alone, and she'll suffer alone. She sighed and began to write.

"My heart painfully aches every time I'm a jerk to Billy. I don't know how much longer I can be a jerk to him. He doesn't deserve it.

I have the same classes as him, maybe I can transfer to different classes. It'll be easier to avoid him, and he doesn't talk to me in the hallway because Sidney is around. She'll get mad if she sees him talking to me.

Sidney isn't toxic or anything. She's just insecure, and I don't blame her. Billy's really handsome.

Maybe it's best if I just stay away, right?"

Kinney sighed, closing her journal before groaning.

She laid back ,"god, why is this so complicated?"

-------------------------

Word count - 873

First chapter!

Hope you enjoy!