07

{Continued}

He stumbled backwards, slamming into the cabinets behind him. Theo lifted a hand up towards his head; felt the blood spewing down, tasting it in his open mouth. Metallic. Lorelei darted to him, kneeling beside him. 

"Oh my god, oh my god," Lorelei breathed, "Don't die, Theo please, stay with me. Baby, please, I'll be better. I'll turn myself in, okay? I'll get punished; you can even watch! But oh my god, Theodore, please don't." Theo locked eyes with her, "I..." His eyes turned to razor blades, staring her down, "Go to hell."

Lorelei's breath became shallow as she watched the light die in his beautiful green eyes. She pressed her forehead against his, crying softly. A knock at the door brought her out of her trance.

 She made herself flat against the hardwood floor. The knock came again. This time, followed by a voice, "Theo? Ugh, I know you're in there! You can't just ignore me." There was a sigh, a pause, "You told me you were breaking up with that... girl. I saw you come in here with her, Theodore."

Lorelei felt her heart clench with each word this pathetic lady was saying. Lorelei craned her neck to look out the door; to find the girl gone.

Sighing as she got up and dusted off her jeans, Lorelei wandered around the cabin, in hopes of finding gasoline. Her eyes lit up as she walked towards a can, holding it, making sure it had enough gas.