1. Setting the Stage

Ashtyn

The darkness encircled me and the misty air cooled my insides with every breath. The moon was a sullen ball, shining bright despite all the hinderances. The stars were like tiny fireflies emmiting all the light they could to their surroundings. The wind was harsh, cold and dry making me shiver every time it hit hard. It was dead silent other than the howling of the or the crinkling of the fallen leaves. I immediately knew something was wrong as I stood outside the huge, old mansion.

The street lights around weren't working as I made my way to the enterance in complete darkness. The door was open and the lock broken. An eerie feeling groped me as I took a silent step inside. The door closed itself by the mighty force of the wind outside. Heat prickled my skin as it felt as if I had entered a completely different world. Without needing to look around, I knew the place was empty As I moved further into the mansion guided by mere instict, sin and gloom took over my consciousness. I felt around the place but there was no sign of life. I quietly left just as I came, touching nothing but the door on my way out with my gloved hand that was freezing cold despite the protection.

Nash

I knew instantly that something was wrong the next day I escaped my hiding spot in the mansion. Just like the last few days, somebody had come again, broken the lock and looked around. Though there was nothing missing, this person was creeping me out. I knew better than to report to the police and tell me family who wouldn't be back from visiting their relatives till another week. Another long week.

As it had become a routine, I put on a new lock at the front door and made myself coffee. I sat alone in the lounge, cursing life at where it had brought me. It was colder today than ever before. I snuggled in a blanket while staring out the window. The sun was a fierce mass of anger, pouring out all its heat on the city below. Despite it's efforts, the coolness did not vanish.

I received a text from mom telling me that they would be returning tomorrow instead of next week as she had some work to do. I sighed in relief; atleast I wouldn't be alone anymore. I found myself standing outside the storeroom at the top floor of the house. Ever since we moved into my mother's old house 2 months ago, this place has been giving me chills. My nightmares returned, a stalker appeared at night and I was drawn to the one place I wasn't allowed to go in. I was ruined. I sighed and walked away from the room that screamed to be opened and searched. One day....