13. Attacked

Nash

We were on our way back after the awkward yet comforting hug she gave. That was the last thing I expected from her. Yet there she did it. We didn't talk on our way back, and I had put on earpods to listen to music to soothe myself. She was growing on me, more than she realized. I wanted to be in her presence, I wanted her to give me her purest of smiles, I wanted her to look at me the way I looked at her. With emotions.

The road which we were travelling on was empty, and Ashtyn drove casually in the scary emptiness. She was used to living a life like this afterall. Who knew something could go wrong. It all happened in an instant. One moment, we were driving peacefully, and the next moment Ashtyn had to halt the car because of the sudden appearance of bikes ahead. The car stopped with a screech, jerking me from my place as I removed my earpods and looked at Ashtyn. Her eyes were wide, clearly this was unexpected. There were several bikers, all dressed in grey, with their faces hiden by pieces of cloth.

"Stay inside." Ashtyn ordered and got out, taking her gun along. I gulped, unsure what to do. Well, I was not going to let her tackle so many people on her own. I lowered the car window and heard rough voices outside saying something like, "Time for payback has come, love." and "You have gotten out of hands, sweetie." I did not know what made me angry, but in an instant I found myself outside the car, standing next to Ashtyn. She glared at me and threw daggers with her gaze. One of the bikers held her arm, and before I could have pulled it away, Ashtyn twisted his arm in a crack. The way he yelped in pain made me think if the arm was broken.

Ashtyn's action led everyone to take out their guns. Ashtyn motioned me towards the car, but I just stood there wanting to help. Two of the bikers came and pinned me towards the ground while Ashtyn kicked another on his shin. Not wanting to shoot first, Ashtyn hit them all hard. Our rental car was soon taken away by two of the bikers as Ashtyn groaned in anger. With one little punch, she broke a man's face and with one kick in the stomach, she made the other vomit. I got back to my feet and held the arms of one man tightly behind his back. He was heavy and strong, but I grasped tightly, kicking his legs that caused him to fall.

Next, I hit his head on the road, causing blood to flow. The other five bikers were trying to tackle Ashtyn who was far more skilled. I felt proud. As everyone was away from me, I sprinted towards them only to hear a gunshot so loud that I felt my eardrum would be permanently damaged. I looked behind, and I saw the biker whom I had hit with a gun in his hand. I looked at my arm, my bloody arm, and pain shot across my whole body causing my vision to blur.

Ashtyn

I heard the gunshot before I realised what had happened. My eyes met with those blue ones and I felt my heart had been shot. Pain was etched in each feature of his eyes as his breathing became harsh and strained. Anger rushed through my veins instead of blood. Murder seized my vision and I harshly grabbed the throat of the man trying to hold me in place. I squeezed so hard that he started choking. "You do not shoot the only person my heart started beating for!" I screamed in helplessness. I felt so many hands trying to grab me. I started shooting blinding.

Two men went down and I felt a bullet graze through my leg. Nash was on the road, holding his bleeding arm with the other hand and panting. All men were shooting me as I ran down the road into the wild fields. They all followed as I turned around and shot continuously. The last man got hold of me as my bullets finished. I tried to wiggle free but he pinned me to the ground and punched my face hard. Blood oozed out as I kicked him in the stomach, causing his grip to loose. Taking advantage of the situation, I threw him away from me and took out my knife from my pocket.

I sliced his throat and he gurgled. I started running back towards Nash who was trying to tackle a man I thought was dead. I sliced his throat off and sank to my knees in front of Nash who was breathing with difficulty. His head fell into my lap as he wailed in agony. Images of Father and Taryn ran into my mind as I didn't want to loose Nash too. My eyes were suddenly scanning the area to see of possibilities to get Nash safe.

I took off my jacket and then my shirt. I wrapped his arm tightly with my shirt as I wore the jacket again. We were in the middle of nowhere and even if I carried Nash and ran to the nearest hospital, it would be too late. Nash was conscious for now and stared at me. He pulled back a stray hair of mine with his good arm. My emotions were too much on display that he said in a broken voice, "We're going to be fine." I smiled painfully, and then I saw the fallen bikes a bit away from us. Ofcourse.

I grabbed Nash and helped him up, and he with my support headed towards the bikes. The keys of one were still in, and I started it, knowing the basic sense of using a bike. I sat down and he jumped back on. He held me tightly as he shivered in pain. My heart was aching and so was my shot leg. I groaned slightly as I started the bike. Pain seared through my whole body as Nash put his head on my shoulder and inched closer. The bike started moving, and after getting a hold of it, I zoomed at maximum speed.

I turned a little around to see Nash drifting away. "Don't leave me sunshine, please." I practically begged. "Nash!" I called out angrier as he didn't respond. Panic shot across me as I screamed his name louder. He made some noise and by now all his weight was on me. Dread and guilt rushed throughout me as I continuously called him out. No once did he say anything. I felt my tears would break loose any moment as my throat pained from my screams. In about half an hour of the record breaking bike ride, we reached the hospital.

Nash and I were taken to the emergency ward as the scent of medicine overtook the metallic one of blood that covered us both. I was worried sick for Nash. The doctor asked me questions as she took care of my wounds and the only person who could take care of the situation without allowing the police to be involved was Liam. He would come rushing for his son and I would kill him then and escape. I was a hundred and ten percent sure that he had sent those men to attack us though he did not realise his son was with me too.

Perfect timing for revenge, though I needed to make sure Nash was alright first. He had lost too much blood. I was going to torture Liam to death if anything happened to Nash. I felt a huge loss hanging above my head as I thought about loosing Nash. I couldn't live without that lovely smile of his or that caring attitude. He made me feel. Once more. And I sure the hell was not going to let him die. If he died and I was done with Liam, there would be no purpose of my life. My breathing hitched as my heart thumped so hard that I felt it would escape out.