3. The Encounters

Ashtyn

Even from across here I could see the gloom on their faces as the last man they wanted near themselves showed up at their door in the evening. I sat under a tree where no one could see me. The ground was dewy and freezing cold but I ignored the tingling sensation it caused. With the help of the streetlamp, I could see everything clearly. My hair were on my sides parted equally as I ate a packet of chips as silently as I could. My eyes scanned each and every detail of the the man as I waited for all of them to go inside. Oh boy, was I excited.

As per my expectations, they all went inside after a staring contest at the door. Naturally, I got up and crouched under the slightly open window of the lounge that allowed me to hear everything. The sun was still peaking from the little place in the sky it had. Even though it hadn't completely set, it was getting blue and the temperature was raking great leaps downwards. There was silence inside that made me grunt. I was in the most uncomfortable position, yet it was worth it.

"I'm here to take my son back." The man's words pierced the awkward silence. I could imagine the boy's pale blue eyes gaping at the man's darker blue ones.
"Liam, we agreed that Nash stays with me till he wants. Besides, out of nowhere, how did you remember you have a son?" The mother spoke softly. Too softly.
"Nash is going with me, unless you want to go to court for turning my son against me." The man spoke calmly in his heavy voice. I rolled my eyes but kept on listening.

"D-dad" I barely heard Nash's low voice. I could imagine everyone's eyes on him.
"I want to stay with Mom so it's useless to drag us to court as it's my decision in the end." Nash was barely audible as my ears heated with annoyance. I sighed deeply and slowly crept away.
The man in the black suit and black tie left after some time as his arguments failed. I silently followed his slow car on foot, carefully hidden in the shadows. I wondered if what I was doing would later be a grave mistake on my part.

Liam was staying in a five star hotel. Obviously. Unintentionally my eyes rolled as I stood outside his hotel room. Rich maniac. My face was hooded and my hands gloved as I stood all in black. I knocked at the door twice before it slowly opened. He looked just like Nash, though less handsome. I internally sighed at the thought. His piercing blue eyes studied me before his eyebrows raised in question. Without feeling the need to say anything, I took a quick long step into the room and closed it behind me.

I found myself in a posh living area themed blue and milky white with two doors on either side other than the one I had just came through. As my eyes met Liam's, he had a gun in his left hand pointing at my temple. I smirked and I bet he could see it despite my cover.
"Show me your face, coward." The man said in a commanding, husky voice. There was a sinister emotion gripping my insides.

"Coward me or you Mr. Swayer? Only you have the mere audacity to destroy lives and then hide behind folds pretending to be a victim." I snarled back, keeping my voice calm. The prominent vein in his neck throbbed and his eyes closed for a tiny second before they stared back down at me.
"Cowards don't keep guns, missy."
"Ofcourse they do, how else do they hide their dirty work, sir?" My insides smiled at my words despite the calm facade I kept all along.

"Are you done calling me a coward?"
"Oh no sir, I just began." I mused.
To startle me, Liam attacked instantly with his hands to get ahold of my throat. As if i didn't know better. I ducked away placing my own gun at his forehead, as he stood back in place.
"What's the wait in killing me? Don't act like you haven't ever done anything so malicious before." I said too calmly.
"Get lost!"

"Why sir? Am I too important a pawn in your great game?" Silence greeted me. It seemed like hours standing still with those blue eyes boring into me. He then opened the door and tapped his feet. I felt regret pooling into me at the thought that I had made myself known to him after hiding so well all these years. He'd do everything to find more about me, to ruin me again. My mind understood that this was his plan to bring out his son's stalker in the open. I had fallen for it.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

As if it were anything but a beautiful lie:
those far stretching mountains, those icy winters, those hidden sunrises, those awakening sunsets. I stood alone contemplating my complex situation. No matter what i thought, the urgent desire for revenge just increased. The blood I shared with the man who ruined us all was cursed. Cursed. My body shivered from the pain and my eyes went numb. My throat ached but the agony in my broken heart never seemed to dissipate;
it was now only a lifeless mass pumping blood all the time just so the body that surrounded it could survive.

My sighs were long and weary. Tired to be exact. All alone I was in this world, but surrounded by my shattered past and all those painfull memories. The sun was setting as i smelled sin from myself. Sin was in the air. My dark eyes went even graver and my hair were wet and clamped to my pale skin. My hands were long and slender as they held tightly onto eachother. I could feel eyes on me. Those perfectly blue eyes were at my back, yet i didnt move an inch. Standing like a statue i waited for some movement behind me.

I sensed those eyes scared and lonely. Despite that I wanted, my lips did not curl into a smile. They stayed the way they were as if moving would ruin everything. The breathing behind me was loud and irregular, where as mine was controlled and noiseless. Before he could get any closer, I instantly vanished away into the dense trees. He did not follow. I sighed as I watched him from far away.

Nash

I was so close to talking to her. My stalker. But I just stood there behind her like a dumb lampost and let her escape back into the shadows. Damn me and my flop plans. Her black hair swayed in the light wind as she ran back into her hiding place somewhere where she knew I could never reach. I exhaled heavily and returned back home. I had finally gotten a job as an assisant neurosurgeon for now as I lacked experience, but it wasn't until two days that I was going to work.

It had been a week since Dad had visited. Nobody uttered his name again the moment he left. Despite him being my father, I hated him for all that he done to my mother and abondoned us when I was so young. I hated that his blood flowed through my veins, that I was his legacy, I was his only heir despite the fact that I wanted to be far away from his shadows too.

I went straight to my room, only to be dumbfounded to see the person standing in front of me, hooded, gloved and all black. What I didn't realize in time was that her heart, if she had one, was black too.