Professor Dumbledore

Prologue

Chapter Two

''I AM PROFESSOR DUMBLEDORE.''

''A professor.'' she repeated, knitting her brows, confused. She also started to feel a small pang in her head that vanished soon. ''Like a teacher, you mean? So, you're not a doctor to have a look at me?''

''No, no, don't worry.'' Dumbledore said, smiling.

''I don't believe you.'' Ariadne said. ''She found a way to get rid of me. Didn't she? Tell me truth!''

Her little outburst made the windows crack a little, realizing this Ariadne took a deep breath to calm herself down. She glared at Dumbledore, who didn't budge at her outburst and only continued to smile. Ariadne stopped the glaring, but was became wary of the man in front of her. ''Who are you?''

''I have already told you. My name is Albus Dumbledore and I am a professor who is the headmaster at a school called Hogwarts. I have personally come to offer you a place at my- your new school, if you would like to come''

Ariadne glared at the professor once more and abruptly stood up. ''You are lying! That's all you grown-ups do! You're from an asylum, right?! Those other kids should be at an asylum, I only did what I had to do in order to survive at this awful place.''

''I am not from an asylum.'' he said carefully. ''I am a headmaster of a school and, if you will sit down calmly, I shall tell you about Hogwarts.''

Ariadne calmed down and gulped and sat down on the bed, waiting patiently for him to talk. "Hogwarts is a school for people with special abilities --"

''I am not crazy.''

"I know that you are not crazy. Hogwarts is not a school for mad people. It is a school of magic."

The room went silent. Ariadne's gears were turning in full speed in her head and her eyes were flickering back and forth to make any sense.

She then looked at the blue eyes before her. "Magic?" she repeated in a whisper.

"That's right," said Dumbledore.

"It's. . . it's magic, the weird things that happens around me?"

"What is it that you can do?" Dumbledore asked curiously.

"All kinds," Ariadne breathed as she has became excited. ''I can make things move without touching them. I can conjure flowers out of the thin air and make them bloom. I can make bad things happen to people who are very mean to me.''

She looked down at the floor when she explained the latter thing she could do, obliviously in regret which was a relief for the old professor across her

"I've always known that I was different," she whispered, looking down on her hands. "I knew I was special from other kids- people in general... I always knew that there was something."

"Well, you are quite right," Dumbledore said. "You are a witch."

Ariadne lifted her head. Her facial expression was beyond happiness, something she had never felt before today. ''Are you a wizard too?''

"Yes, I am."

''Can you prove it?''

Dumbledore raised his eyebrows. "If, as I take it, you are accepting your attendance at Hogwarts-"