Blood Status/Diagon Alley

Prologue - Summer

Chapter Three

ARIADNE HAD BEEN TOSSING AND TURNING THE WHOLE NIGHT, even Nathair slithered away from his corner besides her head, annoyed by the girl. The very next morning, Ariadne was supposed to meet the Keeper of the Grounds of Hogwarts, Rubeus Hagrid. Ariadne managed to catch up to Dumbledore before he left the building of the orphanage and asked him if she could meet with Hagrid outside Claude's tea shop, in case he had already fetched the other student. Luckily, he agreed to her terms.

Hagrid would reintroduce her to the magical world. Her parents had apparently been wizard and witch too, but said she would discover more about them in due time, much to her dismay. But, he did tell her that she was something called a Pureblood.

After the day of Dumbledore's visit, Ariadne had been spending much time with Claude. He was something people in the wizarding world would call a Squib. They were individuals from wizarding families but had no magic themselves. Some kept in contact with the wizarding society if they chose to do so. Claude discovered, that he himself was a Squib and that he was born into a pureblood family, but was disowned because of it and left. He wasn't sorry as he didn't agree being better than others. 

Then there were the Muggles, also known as non-magic people, most non-magic people had been unaware that magic and the wizarding world existed. Ariadne made a mental note to not forget it since she lived in a muggle-orphanage.

Ariadne was fascinated by Muggleborns, a child born with magic to two muggle parents. He told her that there were those with prejudice against muggleborns, muggles and their families often referred to a highly offensive term.

Then he told her about Half-bloods. It was a term given to witches or wizards who had one either muggle or muggleborn parent or grandparents. It was the most common type of wizards and witches.

Finally, there was the Pure-bloods. They were families where wizards and witches didn't have any connection with Muggles or Muggle-borns on their family tree. Some families achieved this simply by removing any Muggles or Squibs from their family trees and pretending they never existed, which Ariadne thought was cruel. Claude warned her that many pure-bloods considered themselves to be close to royalty in the wizarding world, or at the very least the elite.

𓏲𝄢ৎ୭𓏲𝄢ৎ୭𓏲𝄢ৎ୭𓏲𝄢ৎ୭𓏲𝄢ৎ୭𓏲𝄢 ৎ୭𓏲𝄢ৎ୭𓏲𝄢ৎ୭𓏲𝄢ৎ୭𓏲𝄢ৎ୭𓏲𝄢ৎ୭𓏲𝄢 ৎ୭

Even though Ariadne's room faced a brick wall, a few rays warmth reached across her face. 

Normally, she would just sleep longer as usual, but today was too important to be sleeping in.

She stood up and greeted Nathair per usual. After putting on the best kind of clothes she had, she made sure that her slithery friend was in the box Professor Dumbledore gave her. She mostly did it so he would be safe in case some of the children tried to bully her. Not that they were brave enough, as they were frightened by her. But you never know.

He might have said to return the things she stole, but to her delight some of the clothes she had, had been outgrown by the other girls. Therefore, there wasn't much to do, but to keep it.

Before leaving she took a letter out of her pocket which she had reread many times since she got it.