Friend or Foe?

A/N - Make sure to take a look at the picture at the end of the chapter.

Prologue  - Summer

Chapter Four

THEY HAD BEEN WALKING from shop to shop in order to buy the needed equipment. Ariadne quickly got the hang of how the currency worked in the wizarding world - Ariadne had even taken the chance to ask a goblin how it worked.

29 bronze Knuts were one silver Sickle. And not that she was going to collect these, but 493 Knuts were one golden Galleon.

17 Sickles made up a Galleon.

And least not the Galleon, which was the most valued coin of the wizarding currency.

She was even told that Galleons could be exchanged to pounds. One Galleon was equivalent to five Muggle pounds, much to her delight.

''Now we just need uniforms, wands and hopefully an owl.'' Ariadne said to her two shopping companions.

''Let's get yer some uniforms.'' Hagrid said and pointed at a store called Madam Malkin's Robes for All Occasions.

''The lot of you go inside. I'll be right back. Jus' go inside an' tell them what yer need.'' Hagrid said to the two. They nodded and walked into the shop together.

Inside, they saw a white-blond haired boy with grey eyes until they were greeted by a smiling witch dressed in pale purple colors.

''Hogwarts?''

''Yes.'' Ariadne and Harry said at the same time.

''You two aren't the only ones here. Another young man is being fitted up just now, in fact.''

She motioned them to the grey-eyed boy, who was standing on a footstool while another witch pinned up his long black robe.

''Ladies first.'' Madame Malkin catched Ariadne attention. As she stood on the footstool besides the boy, they looked at each other and gave an awkward smile.

Before Ariadne could say anything, Madame Malkin slipped the long robe over her head, making the boy smile and initiate the conversation.

''Hello,'' said the boys. ''You got pretty eyes. Hogwarts, too? Are you two siblings?''

''Yes, and no, we aren't siblings.'' she said turning her head to Harry who laughed at her red face.

''My father is next door buying my books and mother is up the street looking at wands,'' he said, sounding bored. ''Afterwards, I'm going to look for racing brooms. I think I'll bully father into getting me one and I'll smuggle it in somehow.''

''I don't see why first years can't have their own brooms.'' Aridane commented looking at the boy who smiled at her comment.

''Have you two got your own broom?'' he went on.

Harry cringed at it, feeling a little embarrassed by the fact. ''Not, yet. All in due time.'' Ariadne who also was embarrassed commented.

''Oh, shall we take a look on them together then?''

''No can do. We still need to get our wands. We thought that we would personally acquire them. Maybe another time.'' Ariadne remarked. She had the ickle feeling that the boy was one of those proud families.