Part 3

"Urgh.." Magnus groaned as he struggled to open his eyes. Magnus woke up with the worst headache he had in a while.

After his bath last night, he went to bed at a respectable time, and thankfully, he did not have any appointments till 9 in the morning. Been a morning person, Magnus preferred getting up just before 7 and doing some tai chi and having a coffee before he started the day properly, but that day was not one of days. His migraine was so intense that he had to close the curtains in the whole house and make it dark before he could properly open his eyes. So, he decided to spend another hour in bed before he finally dragged himself out of the bed. As much as he loved his job as the high warlock, sometimes it made him exhausted to no end and time like that, he really wanted to drop all the responsibilities and move to somewhere no one could find him.

Magnus could not bother with his usual top glamour, so he dressed himself in a simple skinny smart black velvet trouser with maroon side stripes and satin maroon colour shirt and black Panama military combat shoes. He only wore one gold chain today and a couple of gold rings. No coloured streaks on his hair and just kohl around his eyes. Someone who does not know Magnus would not know that Magnus was in pain because of his stylish outfit, but Catarina or Ragnor would have easily seen over that façade.

He could not stomach anything, and he knew he would throw up the second he eats something, but thankfully, the thought of coffee did not make his stomach churn. Magnus conjured himself a Turkish coffee and started sipping it slowly as he waited for the client to come over. Magnus had to cancel two of his regular customer appointments so he could make some time for the institute work and thankfully, his regular clients understood and were happy to reschedule their appointments. His afternoon was still packed with appointment after appointment. Magnus would have cancelled his 9 o' clock appointment as well but unfortunately this was for a new client, and he did not want the client to have a bad first-time experience, so he decided not to cancel that one.

Magnus was close to finishing his coffee when he felt someone entering the ward. Magnus looked up at the clock and saw it was 2 minutes to 9 o'clock.

"On time, I see." Magnus got up from the sofa and walked to the door so he could open the door for the young warlock he was waiting for. When Magnus was just about to open the door, the other warlock knocked on the door. Magnus would have waited a second any other time before he opened the door, so it would be less awkward for both of them, but with Magnus's headache, he missed the timing.

"Oh!" Both of them said as they looked into each others' surprised face. In the next second, the young warlock burst into laughter, and Magnus smiled in return. For a second, Magnus forgot about the headache he had that whole morning.

"Well, that was awkward." He gave a big grin.

"That definitely was." Magnus agreed as he shook his head while the smile did not leave his face.

"That is not how I expected the first meeting would go, but I guess that was a good ice breaker. By the way, I am Mateo Diaz." Mateo extended his hand for a handshake, and Magnus happily held his hand for a handshake. Magnus immediately realised that Mateo had a very calming and exotic scent, and it didn't take much for Magnus to realise Mateo was an omega. Magnus felt his headache slightly disappear as he took a deep breath. Well, that was a very pleasant surprise.

"Nice to meet you, Mateo. I am Magnus Bane, and I assume you already knew that."

"I did, but it is always amazing to see great Magnus Bane face to face."

"Flattery, I like it." Magnus smiled and stepped aside so Mateo could walk into his loft. Whenever Magnus met an omega for the first time, he always made sure to leave a very respectable amount of space between him and the omega they would feel comfortable and would not be overwhelmed by Magnus's strong alpha pheromones. Mateo took the hint and walked into the loft and stopped very close to Magnus before he started looking around the loft.