Part 8

"By the angel!" Izzy's eyes widened in astonishment as she looked around Magnus's apartment. He was renowned for his parties, but this was truly exceptional. She felt as if she had been transported back to the 1920s. Even the lighting in the room was a warm, golden hue that added an extra touch of elegance to the decorations.

The entire space was decorated with enchanting lighting that cascaded from the ceiling to the floor. Feathery centrepieces, a champagne tower, and white and gold decorations were meticulously arranged throughout the loft. The lively Charleston Swing Classics from the 1920s played in the background, creating an ambience that surpassed any party the Shadowhunters had ever attended.

"If it isn't my most favourite nephlims, come in." Magnus noticed the group of Shadowhunters observing the loft with slightly open mouths as he walked by the main door to greet one of his companions whom he had not seen in several decades.

"Magnus!" Izzy and Clary greeted him simultaneously.

"This is wonderful! I feel as if I just time travelled. " Clary said with a smile as she looked around.

"I am pleased that it meets your approval. Also, look at both of you. You are both dressed to impress. You look magnificent," Magnus complimented them, admiring the effort Izzy and Clary had put into their costumes. Clary, in her white and gold dress, and Izzy, in her black and gold dress, looked divine.

"And you look as dashing as ever." Izzy smiled politely.

"Well, thank you, my dear. So, the bar is to your left and I hope you have a wonderful time."

"Thank you, Magnus." Izzy and Clary walked past Magnus with a big smile on their faces. They were still in awe about how gorgeous the place looked.

"Magnus." Jace smiled as he walked past.

"Um.. this is from us." Simon stopped in front of Magnus with a large hamper.

"Well, thank you, Sheldon. I truly appreciate some good artisan cheese, and I see you have found my most favourite brand." Magnus said as he took the hamper from Simon's arms.

Simon smiled widely at the praise from his downworlder sponsor.

"Oh, Alec mentioned you might like it." Simon looked at Magnus and then turned back to point at Alec with his head. The sudden mention of his name clearly threw Alec off balance a bit as he looked between Magnus and Simon with his wide, bambi eyes.

"I appreciate your efforts." Magnus turned back to Simon and smiled politely.

"I hope you enjoy the party." Magnus said as he flicked his fingers and made the hamper disappear into thin air.

"Thank you, Magnus." Simon quickly walked past, leaving Magnus and Alec alone.

It had been a few days since they had seen each other. It was not unusual for them to go a few days without seeing each other, considering their responsibilities as the head of the New York Institute and the High Warlock of Brooklyn. Despite the evening they had shared, they had no reason to meet unless it was for official business.

Therefore, Magnus was genuinely surprised when he received a message from Alec that morning asking if it was still acceptable for him to come to the party. Since Magnus did not expect Alec to attend, he was puzzled that Alec was concerned about whether or not Magnus would be comfortable having him in his loft.

'I meant it when I extended my invitation to you as well. You are more than welcome at the party.' Magnus replied to Alec's message.

Now that Alec stood before him, attired in a black three-piece suit, a crisp white shirt, and a black bow tie, his hair neatly combed to the side, he presented a truly captivating sight. Naturally, his scent continued to earn a joyous response from Magnus's alpha. Magnus's Alpha was never going to learn? Was he?