EP 101: I Fumbled Your Heart - Act I

ACT ONE

INT. DOWNTOWN LA - LAW OFFICE - OLIVIA'S OFFICE - AFTERNOON

Chicly dressed in a fitted suit with her designer heels propped up on the desk, OLIVIA talks on the PHONE.

OLIVIA

... Mark, we've been over this. This is our final offer. Your client either agrees to our terms or they can deal with us in court.

Olivia slams the phone down. A KNOCK at the DOOR. Olivia's assistant JENNY (20s) rushes in. She looks at her watch.

JENNY

Miss Baker, what are you still doing here? Jordan's plane landed twenty minutes ago.

OLIVIA

Shit!

EXT. LAX AIRPORT - ARRIVALS - AFTERNOON

OLIVIA brings the car to a halt and hops out to help JORDAN and a very pregnant, irritated SIMONE with their luggage.

OLIVIA

I'm sorry. I got stuck on a call.

SIMONE

It's fine.

JORDAN

Yeah, we had to wait almost an hour for our luggage.

OLIVIA

Well, I cleared my schedule so we can go have dinner.

SIMONE

Uh, takeout's fine... I'm exhausted.

OLIVIA

How about I have the chef prepare something?

SIMONE

Oh, you fancy, huh?

INT. OLIVIA'S DOWNTOWN APARTMENT - LIVING ROOM - EVENING

In awe, Simone takes in the luxury space with floor-to-ceiling windows. Jordan helps her as she sits on the sofa.

SIMONE

... Dinner was amazing. This place is gorgeous, Liv... But, uh... all this space just for you...

Jordan nudges Simone. Olivia avoids their gaze.

JORDAN

I'm glad we left the little crumb snatchers with their Aunt Amara... So, how's the job?

OLIVIA

A lot of late nights. But it will all be worth it if I make partner.

SIMONE

When you make partner.

Olivia smiles and nods.

SIMONE

So, let's just address the big ass elephant in the room. You know I'm not one to mince words.

JORDAN

(mumbles )

Huge understatement.

Simone glares at Jordan.

SIMONE

Have you reached out to Spencer? Do you plan--

OLIVIA

Simone, can we not do this? Spencer and I've been over for a long time.

SIMONE

Hmmm... Funny that you automatically went there. Wasn't suggesting y'all roll around in between the sheets. I simply asked if you had contacted the man.