EP 102: Is Love Enough? - Act IV

Writer's Note:

Here is the fourth and final act of the episode "Is Love Enough." Whew... Another very long act. I've gotta start making these episodes/acts shorter. LOL Not much music this act but the title track "Is Love Enough" and "Un-Love You" fit perfectly. Get into this music, chile. 🥰

As always, thanks for reading and your ongoing support. 🥰🙏🏽

*****************************************************************************************

ACT FOUR

MUSIC CUE: "Un-Love You" - Sammie 

INT. OLIVIA'S DOWNTOWN APARTMENT - LIVING ROOM - MAGIC HOUR

Spencer paces back and forth in front of Olivia on the sofa.

SPENCER

... You're just gonna sit here and deny it? What happened to being honest and owning yo shit?

OLIVIA

(furrows eyebrows)

Daniel and I have never been anything other than friends. He was at our wedd--

(shakes head)

Where's this coming from?

Olivia grabs a water out the fridge and takes a sip.

SPENCER

Sure didn't look that way to me when I saw you strolling down memory lane with that punk... Oh, such a happy, happy pair.

Olivia rolls her eyes as she grows irritated with Spencer.

OLIVIA

Spencer, you're not making any sense. Saw us where? When? It's three am. I wish you'd stop talking in riddles and get to the point.

SPENCER

The point is Olivia. I came to New York and I saw you with him... Few months after I saw you in LA. Thought I'd surprise you. But I was the one who got surprised.

OLIVIA

That was you that day... I thought my mind was playing tricks on me... Look, you've got it all wrong.

SPENCER

Well, set me straight then.

OLIVIA

(heavy sigh)

We had lunch that day... That's it. He'd just moved to Harlem for his girlfriend... Who's now his wife.

Spencer plops down on the sofa burying his head in his hands.

SPENCER

(looks up at Olivia)

So, I guess you just decided you didn't want me after all, huh? Is that it?

Liv shakes her head and runs her fingers through her curls.

OLIVIA

No, that's not what happened... But it doesn't matter. It's in the past.

Spencer jumps up and reduces the space between them.

SPENCER

It matters to me, Olivia! Two years. Two years I waited. Like a fool. Why didn't you come back?