EP 103: Pretty Wings/ Fist Full of Tears - Act II

Writer's Note: Hey, fam! Sorry for the delay. Didn't realize it had been so long since I updated. 🥴

As always, thanks for reading and your support! 🥰🙏🏽🙏🏽

*****************************************************************************************

ACT TWO

CHYRON: FOUR DAYS BEFORE CHRISTMAS

INT. LA - STADIUM/ARENA - CONFERENCE ROOM - EVENING

Fresh off a win over the Saints, Spencer and Darnell field questions from REPORTERS.

REPORTER 1

... You guys managed to secure a win despite a rough second half. What's the strategy for the rest of the season?

DARNELL

(over it)

Keep winning games... Next question.

Darnell glances at his PHONE as it BUZZES. He cringes.

REPORTER 2

Spencer, you're in the middle of a heated custody battle... And have been in the news lately. With the divisional games coming up can fans count on you to stay focused?

SPENCER

Don't worry bout my game.

Spencer's jaw tightens as he glares at the reporter.

REPORTER 2

I just meant that--

SPENCER

Oh, I know what you meant. My stats speak for themselves. Should've done your homework... No more questions for you.

REPORTER 3

Darnell, in the first half of the game you were on fire but struggled for the rest. What happened? Does it have anything to do with the TMZ report that was just released?

SPENCER

(scowls at reporter 3)

Watch yourself. Stick to the game. What's wrong with you?

REPORTER 4 (O.S.)

Darnell?!... Darnell, does your performance in the second half have anything to do with the racy photos circling the internet of your wife and new R&B sensation Romello?

Darnell's head quickly shoots up from his phone and he blinks rapidly. Spencer places a calming hand on his shoulder.

REPORTER 5

Don't let him bait you, fam...

As Darnell's 6.3 frame rises from his chair, veteran reporters start to gather their belongings. Shit just went left and they know the Q&A session will soon be over.

DARNELL

Who said that? Show yourself...

(looks to crowd of reporters)

Come to the front... Part, please. Let me see his face.

Reporters part like the Red Sea. Beads of sweat form on Reporter 4's face as he locks eyes with Darnell.

DARNELL

(blood boiling)

Don't hide in the back. Cower. If you call yourself a responsible journalist look a man in the eye.

REPORTER 4

(stammers)

I didn't mean any disrespect. I--