EP 102: Is Love Enough? - Act II

Writer's Note:

Here's ACT II from Spencer's POV. Another very long act. that wouldn't make TV. LOL 

One thing to keep in mind as you're reading the flashbacks. It wasn't spelled out in the first act but Liv started drinking shortly after their non-wedding... Before she moved to NY. Hopefully that sheds some light on her behavior.

As always, thanks for reading and your support! 🥰🥰🥰

*****************************************************************************************

ACT TWO: SPENCER

CHYRON: ONE WEEK AFTER CLAYLA WEDDING (PRESENT YEAR)

MUSIC CUE: "Can We Go" - Amerie

INT. SPENCER'S LA APARTMENT - LOBBY - EVENING

Emotions are high as Olivia and Spencer face each other. Their eyes speak a forever love. The distance between them equally undeniable.

SPENCER

... Sometimes love just isn't enough, ya know?

Olivia flinches. Spencer avoids her gaze. He knew what using her words against her would do. Hurt her... Not his proudest moment.

His PHONE RINGS. He looks at the caller ID.

SPENCER

(to Olivia)

Sorry, I gotta take this... Take care.

With the phone to his ear, Spencer walks off as he suppresses his tears. He starts to turn back feeling slightly guilty for his coldness but his fragile heart won't let him.

SPENCER

(clears throat)

Hey, glad you called... I was hoping we could link up.

CHYRON: TWO WEEKS LATER (PRESENT YEAR)

INT. SPENCER'S LA APARTMENT - BEDROOM - EVENING

Spencer and TISHA crash back onto the bed after a little roll in the hay. They exchange looks and share a chuckle.

TISHA

Can't believe I let you talk me back into this.

SPENCER

Don't remember it taking that much convincing, Tish.

TISHA

(rolls eyes)

Boy, shut up.

Spencer PHONE RINGS. KIA CALLING. He answers.

SPENCER

What up, Kia?

KIA (V.O.)

Have you talked to Liv today?

SPENCER

No, Liv and I don't talk. Period.

KIA (V.O.)

Well, no one's heard from her. I've been texting and calling all week. And she hasn't been in the office.

SPENCER

No longer my problem.

KIA (V.O.)

Wow... Really, Spencer?