EP 102: Is Love Enough? - Act III

Writer's Note:

Welp, I lied... I'm back with ACT III. 🤷🏽‍♀️ What can I say? I just can't stay away. 😏

As always, thanks for reading and your support! 🤗🤗

*******************************************************************************************

ACT THREE

INT. DOWNTOWN LA LAW OFFICE - OLIVIA'S OFFICE - AFTERNOON

Olivia is in the midst of a session with her therapist DR. LEWIS on Zoom. DR. LEWIS ON SCREEN.

DR. LEWIS

... Well, looks like things between you and Spencer have turned a corner. I'm sure you're pleased.

OLIVIA

I'm not reading too much into it, actually. I do appreciate him showing up. But Spencer's always doing things like that. It's just the kind of person he is. Forever, your friendly neighborhood super hero.

DR. LEWIS

Simply, a random act of kindness? Is that what you really believe? 

OLIVIA

I don't know. But he said he didn't want to be friends... His words. So, I refuse to hold onto false hope.

INT. MEDICAL OFFICE BUILDING - DR'S OFFICE - LATER

Seated across from Spencer, Dr. Spears eyes him with concern.

DR. SPEARS

... When we last spoke you were adamant that the chapter with you and Olivia was closed. Why the sudden change of heart?

SPENCER

I overreacted. Ya know, I've been a little too harsh... I mean she's making an effort. Now, I don't think we'll get back together. But maybe we can work on being friends.

DR. SPEARS

But you also had concerns regarding trust... Have you considered the risk of rekindling the friendship when trust is still an issue?

SPENCER

Yeah, part of me's still worried she hasn't changed... And I don't fully trust her.

DR. SPEARS

Rebuilding trust is a delicate process. And both of you need to be on the same page.

SPENCER

So, do you think it's a bad idea?

DR. SPEARS

Since you still have lingering doubts rushing into reconnecting might not be the best approach. Take things slow... Give yourself time to deal with your concerns.

SPENCER

Baby steps. I can do that.

MUSIC CUE: "Freek'N You" - Jodeci 

INT. DOWNTOWN LA LAW OFFICE - OLIVIA'S OFFICE - MORNING

In a chic, designer blouse and fitted skirt, Olivia stands by the window on a PHONE call as she stares aimlessly outside.

OLIVIA

... Mr. Jones, I assure you there's nothing to worry about. This is a just stalling tactic by his legal team.