Chapter 12

My heart hurts for Jungkook. How could my parents even doubt that Jungkook is mistreating me. He's nothing but kind to me. He takes care of me and make sure I eat on time. He doesn't even want me to do house chores. It's me who insists on helping him because I know he's also busy with school work.

"Stop crying love. We will talk to your parents and explain everything. We'll prove that Taeyeon is lying. That we're happy and I would never ever mistreat you. Don't cry, please. Everything will be alright. We're not breaking up." He hugs me and kisses my forehead.

"I'm not crying because they want me to break up with you. I won't ever break up with you unless you don't want me anymore." I told him.

"Then why are you still crying? And I will always want you, no one else."

"Kookie, I'm hurt that my parents don't trust you. That they think you can mistreat me, when in fact you've been very loving and caring to me. Taeyeon has gone too far."

He gently caresses my cheeks and wipes my tears with his thumb. "Ssshhh...stop crying now. And about Taeyeon maybe it's partly my fault, I should have made my intention clear from the beginning. But I swear I never led her on. I thought I can repay the favor she did when I still didn't have a car by accompanying her to shop for her project materials."

"It's not your fault Kookie, Taeyeon is used to getting what she wants. She's always like that."

"Let's sleep for now love. We have uni tomorrow." He encircles his arm on my waist as we walk to our room.

We sleep on the bed with Jungkook holding me close to him.

The next morning I wake up on an empty bed. I go inside the bathroom to do my morning routine and then prepare for uni.

I enter the dining room and see Jungkook already serving our breakfast.

"Morning love. Sit down and let's eat. Are you okay now? Don't worry everything will be alright." Then he kissed my cheeks. Moments like these are priceless. Us sharing meals together, him loving me. It feels like a dream.

"Thanks for the food Kookie. I love it." I smile at him.

"You're welcome, my love." He kissed my lips, then carries the plates to the sink.

I still feel down. And I won't settle unless we have the talk with my parents. But first I have to confront Taeyeon. I had enough of her meddling with my relationship with Jungkook.

So I seek her out and find her sitting on one of the benches under a tree.

"Taeyeon, can we talk?" I ask while glaring at her.

"Sure, after all you're going to be Jungkookie's future brother in law. I should be nice to you, right?" She grins.

Brother-what? What is this girl having lately? Is she nuts? I'm Jungkook's what?

I clear my throat. I am debating myself if I should really waste my time talking to her. But let's give it a shot. Maybe there's still some sanity left to her. "Why did you lie to our parents that Kookie is mistreating me? You know that's not true."

"I know. Jungkookie is a gentle and pure soul. He can't even hurt a fly to save his life. Isn't he perfect? Not to mention he's popular, rich and handsome. That's why I like him."

"Why did you lie then?" I asked again.

"My dear twin didn't you hear me I LIKE  HIM. And I will do anything to have him."

"Don't you even have shame? How can you stoop this low? If it happened that Kookie chose you, I would have stayed back. I will accept his choices." I desperately said.

"I'm not you. You are used to not getting what you want but that's not me. Goodluck in convincing our parents that Jungkookie is the perfect boyfriend for you. I'm sure after this weekend you'll move to the dorm boyfriendless. If I can't have Jungkookie neither can you. So enjoy your time with him while it lasts" She stands up and about to leave.

"I'm your twin. Why are you so mean to me? Why can't you let me be happy?"

"Like I said I like Jungkookie too, if you didn't come between us, he'll be with me." She said confidently. "Bye brother, see you next weekend."

I groan and reach for my phone. A smile escape from my lips. Now, I'm ready to face my parents.

"You look more relaxed now. Did you talk with Taeyeon?" Jungkook asked while stroking my hair gently.

We're on the couch watching a movie. I take a deep breath before I answer him. "Yeah but she's too stubborn. She's on a mission to ruin us."

"Sorry that your talk didn't go well. But why are you so calm?"

"Let's just see on Saturday. I have a surprise for Taeyeon." I grin and wink at him.

"Alright love, I'm glad you're not that bothered anymore." He kisses me. We continue watching the movie. I hope everything will be settled when we talk to my parents.

🌻🐰🐯🌻

Talk with the parents next. 💞