Chapter 16

"I'm getting engaged to Taeyeon?! Why? How? When? What are you saying love?" Jungkook looks confused while he asks me.

"Don't deny it Jungkook. Isn't it why you bring me here? Taeyeon is there on the stage waiting for you. How can you do this to me? I would have set you free if you just told me that you don't love me anymore!" I can't help the tears from streaming down my face.

"Love, don't cry, please listen to me first." He gently cups my face.

"I saw you with Taeyeon yesterday at the jewelry store. You were...you were buying her a ring. And the tickets and hotel reservations at Jeju Island, I saw them in your drawer." I sobbed loudly as I told him about what I witnessed yesterday.

"Tae, the ring is not for Taeyeon, it's for you. She offered to help me with the engagement preparations because she's sorry for the way she treated you in the past. And the tickets and hotel reservations, they're for us. We will go there tomorrow to celebrate our engagement."

"Huh? What are you saying? I-ah really this engagement is for us?" I asked. A wave of relief washed over me. I hugged him. I can't contain my tears and this time they're tears of happiness.

"Yeah, that is if you say yes, love." He cheekily said.

"Oh Kookie, I'm sorry I doubted you. But you shouldn't scare me like that. I thought you were choosing Taeyeon over me."

"I understand love, I wanted to surprise you that's why I hid this from you."

"Well, if you two love birds are done with your drama. Can we start your engagement party?" It's Taeyeon. She gives the box of rings to Jungkook. I hug Taeyeon and thank her.

"Let's talk later Taeyeon." I said to her, smiling genuinely this time.

"Yeah, okay congratulations brother." She smiles back.

Jungkook leads me to the stage. He kneels, and in front of our parents and friends, he asks me to marry him.

Of course I say yes. This day started with sad tears and ends with happy tears.

Jungkook and I drive home after the party. I still can't believe that he's my fiance now. We will start a new chapter in our life. Taeyeon and I are on good terms now. I never thought it would happen but it seems that Taeyeon really changed.

Jungkook cuddles with me on our bed. "Uhm...love, I think we should pack your clothes before we go to sleep. Our flight is early tomorrow."

I pale. "No need Kookie I already packed my clothes."

"Huh...but you didn't know that-wait why are your clothes packed already? Tae are... you...wait, were you going to leave me?" He asked in disbelief.

"I'm so sorry Kookie I thought there's something going on between you and Taeyeon. I saw you yesterday so I assumed that...that...you're going to ask her to marry you. I can't watch that happen. My heart can't take it. You're the only man I love and will ever love. Please forgive me."

"Ssshhh...love don't cry. I forgive you, but please don't ever think of leaving me again. I love you so much and I will go crazy if you leave me."

"I promise Kookie, I won't leave you." I kissed him on the lips.

We sleep in each other's embrace.

Our trip to Jeju Island is amazing. We take walks to the beach. We eat delicious food and visit beautiful places.,We take lots and lots of pictures.

We set our wedding date four months after our engagement party. Taeyeon is again very much willing to help us in the preparation. Jungkook and I agree that we really need Taeyeon's help because both of us are busy with our jobs.

It's the day before our wedding. I stay at my parents house. Tomorrow Jungkook and I will tie the knot.

I am reading my wedding vows silently in the dining room when Taeyeon approaches me and offers a glass of milk.

"Here Tae, it will help you relax. It's your big day tomorrow. You need your beauty sleep." Then she leaves for her room.

I wake up the next day. It's my wedding, I looked at the clock on the bedside table and got the shock of my life. I overslept on my wedding day. I'm three hours late. No...no...no...this isn't happening. I panic. God, what have I done? Kookie... what will I say to my Kookie? I quickly dressed up and call a cab. I have to get to the wedding hall. I have to see my Kookie.

As I reach the wedding hall, Jungkook is there sitting on the steps. One look at him and my heart breaks. The picture of pain and disappointment in his eyes are unbearable. I do this to him. It's all my fault that he's broken like this.

"Kookie." I whispered.

He stares at me with painful eyes

He stares at me with painful eyes. "Tae, if you're not willing to marry me, you should have told me. You...you didn't have to humiliate me by not coming to our wedding. I would have understand but... you did this and... I don't think I can forgive you."

No...no...no this isn't happening. "Kookie no, please. I didn't mean to be late. Kookie...please." I fall down on my knees.

Jungkook walks away from me. I cry harder, I call his name over and over again but he doesn't even look back. I can't breathe. I have to run after Jungkook. Then everything turns black.

🌻🐰🐯🌻

What exactly happened here? I was prepared for taekook wedding. What went wrong? 💞