Chapter 15

I really thought I will spend the rest of my life with Jungkook. That our love will have no end. That for the first time in my life, I get to have the one person I love. But I guess I was wrong. When did it come to this? Did Jungkook finally realize that Taeyeon is the better twin? Is that it? But we are okay, he treats me the same as if I'm a precious gem.

But the sight inside the jewelry store is etched inside my broken heart. It resides in my mind and won't ever leave. How can Jungkook break my heart like this?

The look Jungkook gave at the ring on Taeyeon's finger is priceless, like he's looking at his entire universe.

Does Jungkook plan on marrying Taeyeon? Are they secretly having an affair behind my back? Why would he lie to me? Does he pity me, that's why he's not breaking up with me yet? I can't wrap my mind on what's happening. I come back home and lie down on the bed. I have no appetite to eat anything.

I made up my mind. I get up and open the closet. I take out my luggage and pack my clothes. After our date tomorrow, I will leave Jungkook. I will set him free. It kills me inside, but I have to do this. If his happiness is with Taeyeon, I will stay back. My tears are falling like waterfalls. Can I really live without Jungkook in my life? I already know the answer. I close and put the luggage back inside the closet.

I hear the front door open. It's Jungkook.

"Love where are you? I brought your favorites. Come let's have dinner." I heard him calling from the living room.

Not hearing any response from me, he comes inside our bedroom. He touches my face. "Love are you sick? Why do you look pale?"

 "Love are you sick? Why do you look pale?"

"Uh...just tired." I hummed.

"Love I told you, not to tire yourself doing house chores. I can do them later. Sorry, I've been busy these past few weeks and not giving you my full attention, but I promise I'll make it up to you. I love you." He kissed my cheek.

Lies, lies, when did Jungkook start lying to me? I don't remember, because he's always been honest with me until now.

"I'm ok Jungkook, don't worry." I mumbled.

"Huh...Jungkook and not Kookie? It's been a long time since I heard you call me Jungkook. Love, did I do something wrong? Are you mad at me, if it's about the dinner date, I'll make it up to you, please." He said, guilt evident in his eyes.

"I'm tired can you just let me sleep." I want him to leave, I don't want him to see the tears that start to pool in my eyes. I cover myself with a blanket and turn my back on him.

He sighs and leaves the room. I cry my heart out.

Due to tiredness and continuous crying, I wake up late. I get up and see a box on the side table with a note from Jungkook.

Love,

I went out early because I have some things to attend to. Please wear the clothes inside this box. I will pick you up at 6 pm later.

Your Kookie

I open the box and see a beautiful pair of suit. I recognize the logo. It's one of Taeyeon's design. They're really seeing each other behind my back. I break down.

I gather and prepar myself. This will be our last date before I set Jungkook free. I should look good, right?

Jungkook arrives before 6 pm. I am already dressed. He stares at me and pecks my lips. "You look georgeous love." He said like he means it. But I know he's lying. I stay quiet.

We drive and park in front of a luxurious hotel. It's the first time I've been here.

We enter the hotel ballroom. It is lavishly decorated with beautiful flowers. There are already people inside. Jungkook's parents are there as well as my parents. But my heart jumps out of my chest. My head is spinning. Because there on the stage is Taeyeon wearing an elegant gown looking so pretty. She's looking at Jungkook.

"Jungkook don't do this to me please

"Jungkook don't do this to me please. I will just leave. I don't need to see this." I cried, pleading at him.

"Why love? Are you not ready for this?" He looks at me in the eyes.

"Why would I be ready? You're going to get engaged with Taeyeon. You're going to marry her!" My knees felt like jelly. I can't breathe. It feels like millions of needles are pricking my heart right now. Can Jungkook be really this cruel?

Jungkook eyes widen. "I'm getting engaged-to Taeyeon?!"

🌻🐰🐯🌻

Don't hate Kookie. 💞