Chapter 13

Jungkook and I are on our way to my house. I don't know if I can convince them that Taeyeon is lying. Whatever the outcome, Jungkook and I will not break up. But we need to clear his name to my parents. I can't let Taeyeon destroy his image to them.

We reach our house. Dad opens the door for us. His posture is rigid with his jaw clenched, a clear indication that he's mad. He looks at Jungkook with contempt.

"Hi Mr. Kim." Jungkook greeted but he was ignored. I gritted my teeth. How can my dad treat Jungkook like this without hearing our side first?

"Let's go to the living room, your mom and Taeyeon are there." My dad sternly said.

We follow him to the living room. Mom and Taeyeon are already seated. Taeyeon looks smug as if she won in life. Jungkook and I sit on a nearby couch.

 Jungkook and I sit on a nearby couch

My mom speaks. "Jungkook, I allowed Tae to move in with you because I thought I can trust you. How can you treat him like a maid?!"

Like a what? Maid... what is my mom on about? Is this what Taeyeon told them? The nerve of my twin, blatantly lying just to get what she wants.

"Mrs. Kim I never..." Jungkook begins but he is interrupted by my dad. Jungkook just lets him speak first.

"Tae does your laundry. He cooks, cleans your house and does grocery shopping all by himself. Maybe you should give him salary too!" Dad furiously yelled.

"But Mr. Kim please hear me..."

I cut him. "Dad, will you please listen to me first." I face my dad.

"Why would I listen to you? You are blindly in love with him. You worship him and is willing to be his servant!" Dad said while shaking his head.

I can see Taeyeon from the corner of my eyes smirking at me. She thinks her plan is working.

"Mom, dad, Jungkook treats me well. I'm not doing the house chores all by myself. We share responsibilities. He asked me before if I wanted to hire a helper, but I told him no because I want our privacy. Taeyeon lied to you." I huffed and throw daggers at Taeyeon.

"Why would Taeyeon lied to us? Taeyeon, what's this?"

"Dad I'm telling the truth. I often see Tae carrying heavy bags of groceries by himself." Taeyeon lied through her teeth.

"You're lying, I never do grocery shopping by myself. Kookie always comes with me. And it's Kookie who does most of it. I barely cook and do the laundry because Kookie doesn't want me to tire myself."

Dad ran his hand on his face. "Why would Taeyeon lied to us then?"

"Because she likes Kookie and want to break us apart." I revealed.

"You have no proof! Mom, dad, I'm the one who's telling the truth. I simply care about my twin." She continues to lie.

I grinned. "Oh, that's where you're wrong. I have proof." I take out my phone from my pocket and play the recording I made when I confronted Taeyeon in uni.

Taeyeon pales. There's a shock expression on here face. Her hands are trembling. She looks at our parents with fear.

As the recording plays, my dad's face reddens. My mom gazes at Taeyeon with clear disappointment.

"Taeyeon how can you do this to your brother?! Go to your room. You're grounded! We will talk later!" Dad angrily spat.

Taeyeon gets up from her seat. She wobbly walks towards her room with hunched shoulders.

Dad faces us, "I'm sorry Jungkook, we believed Taeyeon's words. We should have hear you out first before making any judgement."

"I forgive you Mr. and Mrs. Kim." Jungkook gives them a small smile.

"So is this mean I can still live with Kookie?" I eagerly asked.

"Of course Tae, sorry son. And we will talk to Taeyeon. She should apologize to both of you." My mom and dad hugged me.

"Mom, dad, can we leave now? Kookie's parents are expecting us to have lunch with them."

"Okay Tae, let's set up a dinner with you and Jungkook next weekend." Mom said with an endearing smile, a complete contrast of the frown she had a while ago.

"I like that mom." I also smile at her.

Jungkook and I leave my parents house to meet his parents for lunch. Now I can breathe properly. I hold Jungkook's hand. He brings my hand up and kisses it.

"I love you, Tae." He whispered.

I look at him lovingly. "I love you too Kookie. As long as we're together I can face anything and anyone."

"My smart boyfriend. How can you think of recording your conversation with Taeyeon? That's really a wise move." He said, clearly impressed.

"Well if the foe plays dirty, I should do the same right?" I winked at him.

He laughs and kisses my cheek. "You never fail to surprise me."

We hug tightly like it's the first time

We hug tightly like it's the first time. I'm so in love with him. I hope these moments last forever. Jungkook and I in each other's arms, I couldn't wish for more.

🌻🐰🐯🌻

Another bump in their relationship was solved. Do you think it's the last? Let's find out together. There would be a time skip next update. I don't like to write a very long story. See you. 💞