Chapter 14

Tommy stands in front of Amelia's door, Jason's belt balled in his jacket pocket. The temperatures were finally dropping low enough for a light coat, and Tommy was grateful for the hiding place. The vet staff were in constant motion, seeming to pass him on loop, and Tommy didn't feel like answering questions. Not that they would ask, he argued. But someday they might act as eye witnesses.

He shakes his head and raps on her door. Everything will be fine. They'll fix this.

Amelia calls, "Come in!" from the other side, and Tommy walks into the stuffed cunt of the cow on the examination table. She stands on all fours with her head bowed, Amelia patiently working a hot pink, nine-inch dildo into her cunt as she moos all the while.

"You busy?" Tommy laughs.

"A little, but never too busy for you, Tom."

"Should I ask?"

"Oh, this?" Amelia jostles the dildo, the cow surging back. "Size testing. We've got the circumference right, and now we've got to find the perfect length."

"Sure, sure. You've got a color-coded system for that, don't you?"

Amelia nods, the cow sighing in pure ecstasy as the base of the dildo finally hits her pussy. "Yep. Yellow for eight, pink for nine, purple for ten, eleven is red, and anything a foot or longer glows in the dark. But you didn't come all the way down here just to listen to me prattle, cowboy. What's on your mind?"

Tommy strokes a hand through the cow's hair, focused on her blonde head. He doesn't look up. "We need to talk about Jason."

Amelia slows. She worries her bottom lip between her teeth as she thrusts the dildo in and out of her subject. "What about him?"

"You know." Tommy says, "We've both known something's... off. And we can't ignore it anymore."

"What do you think it is? Drugs?" The cow between them huffs as she fucks herself in time with Amelia's pace. "Alcohol?"

"Oh, he's drinking, alright." Tommy still can't bring his eyes to meet Amelia's, but he can bring the belt out. He sets it on the cow's back, the buckle facing Amelia. The cow shivers under the cool metal, but is focused on her steady rhythm.

Amelia doesn't touch the thing. "Where'd you find it?"

"Out in the field, last night. I don't know how long it's been there, but you see the logo. You recognize it."

"Yeah. Of course I do. Just wish I didn't." She sighs.

"You're not even gonna ask me which one, are you?" Tommy finally flits up to look at Amelia's face. She meets his stare. "It's gotta be her."

"Why else would her diet be what it is?" Amelia slows her pace, and the cow on the table whines, wiggling for any friction. "She's going to run dry, it's just a matter of time. Goddamnit. I should've – I should've pushed harder, made him tell us more. Maybe he would've stopped."

Tommy puts a hand on her shoulder. "Hey, come on now. We can blame ourselves all we want, but it's not going to help him any."

Amelia gives him the slightest tilt of her head. "You're right, and I know you are, but fuck, Tom. He's... if anyone, anyone tells James–"

"No one's going to tell James," Tommy says, stern. "Not a word gets back to James Shaw, or they'll have me to deal with."

The cow between them moos. Amelia pulls the pink dildo from her unceremoniously, and she squeals.

"How much longer are you gonna be?" Tommy asks. "I figure, the sooner we talk to him, the better."

Amelia rinses her tester dildo in her sink, and her hands after that. "God, right now? Yeah, I guess we can. I'll get Webber in here and he can finish her off. Seems like the nine-incher will do just fine."