Interrogation

A small shock jolted me from sleep and I blinked open my eyes to see Rumplestiltskin standing near me. I was sitting on the ground, tied to a tree, and near Rumple was a dead person. I blinked, and eventually connected in my mind that Baelfire was, in fact, not dead. I groaned and bonked my head against the tree.

"Can I go please?" I asked, looking mostly at Baelfire, as I knew him from his time on Neverland. "I've been kidnapped before, and it really isn't my cup of tea."

"You can go when you've answered my questions," Rumple replied. I groaned, hitting my head against the tree once more. "Firstly, why is there a pointed tail pulling at the ropes that tie you to that tree?" I looked at him, immediately dropping my tail and slithering it back towards me. I'd forgotten Pan's magic no longer concealed my horns and tail. "And why do you have horns and fangs?"

I sighed. "I'm not entirely human," I hoped that would be enough for Rumple, but he just gestured for me to continue. "I've been hiding my horns and tail for the past century, as an effort to keep me from being recognized. I'm one of the hellspawned." Rumple's eyes widened and he turned to Baelfire, and the two of them muttered to each other for a moment, then turned back to me.

"And why did you need to stay hidden?" Baelfire asked. He knew parts of the story, but not the full thing, just that I'd been living on Neverland at the same time as him.

"Pan would have found me had I not. Lost boys come to other worlds, and if any of them had seen me, I would be brought back here." I did my best to keep any emotions out of my voice, but I didn't know if it had worked.

"But weren't you and Pan like..." Baelfire trailed off, but I nodded.

"And then I imprisoned him in a magic cavern for a week and left. Can I go now?"

"Just one more question dearie. Why were you in Pan's cabin?" Rumple asked, and I clenched my fist, trying not to spout a flurry of curses at the withered magic man.

"It's my cabin. He made it for me over a century ago." After I answered that question, I looked at Rumple expectantly, but he only smiled a little.

"Well now, if he went to the trouble of building you a little cabin in the woods, you must be quite important to him." I glared at him. "You might just make a lovely bargaining chip, eh?" I barked a laugh.

"Hardly. I trapped him in a magical cave for an entire week just to get away from him," I lied through my teeth, desperately trying to antagonize myself in order to get out. "Do you really think he cares for me anymore? I used him for his magic, then left. Don't you think he knows that? He's not an idiot Rumplestiltskin."

"Nice try (Y/N)," He said, still smiling slightly. In my head I pictured several ways to kill him, but said nothing. "He had you in his campsite. I'm sure you've spoken to him several times now. If he wanted you dead, you'd be dead by now."

I glared at him, my tail thrashing with my anger. I tried to calm down, but I could feel the gemstone heating against my neck as it sat gently on the necklace I had reattached it to. It started to glow faintly, and caught Rumple's eye. He stepped toward me, looking down at the gemstone.

"My, my, what do we have here?" He reached down towards me and I tried to bite him as a last resort. He just chuckled and used his magic to disconnect it from my necklace. I tried to use my own magic, but it was far too weak to compete with the Dark One. As the gem sat in his palm, it glowed brighter, but was less red and more white, like red paint spilled on marble. "A spirit gem. How interesting."

"No. Give it back." I said weakly. He simply chuckled and turned away from me. "Please," I begged. "It's mine, I need it."

He turned back to me for a moment. "Consider this collateral. I'm sure you've heard of all the things sorcerers can do with these." He held it up so it caught the moonlight, shining white as though it could be a second moon in the sky. "So I suggest you behave, unless you want your spirit gem to test the limits of magic."