Chapter 2 - Imperial Order

Kieran sneaked out of the house and ventured the town alone.

He ran away from a house with a full modern security, so there's no way he wouldn't be able to sneak out from a house with only guards around.

Apparently, today is the Emperor's birthday. But instead of having a banquet where the nobles gather, the Emperor choose to have a festival instead and celebrating it with the whole Empire. At least now Kieran knew that the Emperor really loves his people.

And unexpectedly, most of the people in town knew him and being very kind to him.

He just walked around for one hour, and his arms filled with all kind of foods.

The novel never really mentioned about it, but it seems like the people really love Kieran because of his kind heart.

Will it be okay for him to ruin Kieran's image? Now he started to think of a new plan that wouldn't ruin Kieran's good image in front of people.

"Oh, young master Arthfael!" Called an old woman who's holding a basket full of apples. "How rare to see you walk around without Carden. Are you here to see the festival?"

"That's right." Kieran replied with a smile.

The old woman taking out one of the apple and giving it to Kieran. "But please don't stay for too long. It's dangerous for you to be out here alone."

"Thank you for your concern, Madam. I will go back once I find some present to give Carden."

The old woman just laugh and nodding her head as she walked away.

Kieran bites the apple and continue to walk again. Yes, he just want to buy something for Carden and then go back.

He's looking enough and he got enough information about who he should approach next. First is the Fourth Prince that is said to be the Emperor illegitimate son and the one that is standing with the commoners. And then the Emperor of the enemy's empire.

Though he's sure Duke Arthfael will get a heart attack if he hear that his beloved son trying to get close to the enemy's emperor.

He simply think survival to the fittest. Those two will give him high chance to survive in this world.

"Please stop this!"

Kieran paused and looked to the crowds. He walked through them and saw a large man beating someone while the girl tried to stop the man. Behind them is a small bakery shop.

Kieran doesn't know what exactly happen, but something like this also happened in modern world. Gangster asking for money. Or money lender asking for payment.

Kieran looked around for a moment and placed all of his stuff on the bench before he walked to the large man.

Before sneaking out, he took one of Duke Arthfael's sword, though he never thought that he will have the chance to use it. But now he feels excited. This is something he couldn't do in modern world after all.

The large man raising his hand and was about to slap the girl, but his palm never reach the girl. Instead, he could see his hand fell to the ground and blood pouring out of his severed arm.

The large man screamed in pain while holding his arm, and Kieran stood in front of the girl, looking down to the large man with blood dripping off the sword he's holding.

"Heh...so that's what cutting a human flesh feels like.." Kieran mumbled. "Unexpectedly, it feels better than what I thought." He then pointed the sword to the man's neck. "Should I cut off your neck after this?"