Chapter 5 - Revenge

"You look as beautiful as always, Kieran."

Kieran stared at Dair lazily. Due to his duty as the Imperial Omega who needs to know the princes, he is required to spend time with the princes once a day. One day one prince. And today, he's scheduled to spend his time with Dair Neven, the prince known for his flirty personality. There are a lot of bad rumors about Dair. It seems like Dair has a lot of fling with omegas at red light district. And because of that, every sentences that came out of Dair's mouth is enough to make Kieran feel uncomfortable.

"So what are we going to do today, Your Highness?" Kieran asked, completely ignoring the flattery that came out of Dair's mouth. No, he doesn't even want to hear it and doesn't want the man to say anymore of it.

Dair stared at Kieran with happy smile. "Hmm..not sure? I can spend my time staring at your beautiful appearance."

"Seriously..can you stop saying something you don't even mean? Is that something you said to every omega you met? I don't care if that worked on other omegas but stop doing that to me because it's cringe."

"Cri..cring? What's that?" Dair tilted his head slightly in confusion.

"Forget it. Just decide what we will do today. Are we going to just have tea together, eat, or taking a walk at the capital. Just decide one instead of staring at me."

While Dair was still thinking about what they should do together, Gatlin came. Again and again, the concubine always find the chance to disturb Kieran's peaceful day and it started to get on Kieran's nerve.

"Are you placing a surveillance camera around me or something? How can you always know where I go?" Kieran asked sarcastically. After spending time inside the palace, he found out that Gatlin has quite strong authority because the Emperor adores him. But who cares? He will never bow down to anyone.

"I don't know what you're talking about but I'm simply doing my job in the stead of Empress, who no longer exist in this world." Gatlin replied. It's almost like he's saying that he replaced the Empress now.

Dair stood between the two before things get worse. "Your Highness, I know that you're concerned with this whole throne matter, but like what Kieran said, you should give him some personal space. You wouldn't want to make Zale and Hael as your enemy, right?"

Gatlin stared at Dair for a moment. Dair might be a flirting bastard, but he's sharp, Gatlin will admit that. "I simply wish to guide young master Arthfael since I heard that he's quite a pampered young master. But it seems like I crossed my line." He replied calmly. "I will leave for now, but I will continue to oversee everything until young master Arthfael make his decision."

After bowing his head towards Dair, Gatlin left the place without even a slight shame.

There's another person that Kieran need to avoid no matter what and that person is Gatlin. There's no mention about the man inside the novel, but looking from Gatlin's personality, he's not someone who could become an ally. It's too dangerous to have a relationship with someone who can betray him anytime, especially someone like Gatlin, who seemed like he will do anything for the sake of his own status.

"He's troublesome, right?"

Kieran looked at Dair, who still stares at the concubine even as the man walked away from the place.

"The Emperor has a lot of concubine and all the princes have different mother. All mothers got along just fine until he came to the palace." Dair started. This is a secret that no one outside the Imperial Family know, but Dair feels like Kieran need to know about this. Soon enough, the omega will be part of the Imperial Family after all. "He made-"