✧ Land of the Waves

3rd POV:

A few weeks had passed since team 7 had become official. Ayumi, Sasuke, Naruto, and Sakura have become a lot closer as Kakashi grew to accept the 4 and even starts caring for them. Everyone was healing each other the pain in their hearts.

"Kakashi sensei I don't want to do D-ranked missions anymore!! We're all strong enough to do higher ranked mission dattebayo!" Naruto yelled as he plucked another weed. All 4 of the genins were on a farm plucking out weeds for their 24th-D-ranked missions and every single one of them was getting tired of these chores. They wanted to experience a real mission.

"Shut it Naruto," Ayumi said. She had visible anger written all over her face and was emitting dangerous energy as she was annoyed from doing all these petty chores. Naruto yelling in her ears wasn't helping her. Naruto whimpered as he plucked some more before the owner of the farm came over to see how they were doing. His eyes almost popped out of their sockets to slap Naruto when he realized that Naruto had been plucking weeds and plants as he was speeding through them. As Kakashi finished listening to the farmer's complaint and apologizing, he came out tired and rubbed his head. Naruto had no remorse and Kakashi sighed as he told them to take a bath real quick before having to meet the Hokage.

A/N: YES IK IT'S THE CAT TORA MISSION but I wanted smth differ

"Your next mission is to-" Iruka started before being cut off by Naruto's loud stop.

"NO MORE!! I CAN'T TAKE THIS ANYMORE. Old man give us a real mission! I'm not the old Naruto I was anymore. I'm all grown up like a man I can handle a mission." The Hokage chuckled as Iruka started reprimanding Naruto. Kakashi had punched his head for acting up in front of his boss.

"So, the little class clown is saying he's all grown up now? Then so be it. I'll give you a C-ranked mission." Naruto cheered as did Sakura. Sasuke and Ayumi gave a sigh of relief as all of them were tired of doing chores for the villagers. Of course, they were happy to be of service but honestly, they were itching to fight.

"You guys will protect someone as they travel to the Land of the Waves."

"Who is it??? Is it a princess? an official? a lord?" Hokage chuckled at Naruto's enthusiasm and shook his head.

"No the person you will protect is Tazuna-san. Send him in." The door creaked open and entered a drunk man who looked mid-40s. His face was flushed and his eyes were groggy as he examined the genins up and down.

"These are the kids? They all look so scrawny. That shorty wouldn't even be able to hurt a fly!" he said. Naruto started laughing at the so-called shorty before all of the genins lined up. Sasuke was the tallest and then came Sakura. Ayumi was about a cm shorter than her which meant Naruto was the shortest and instantly yelled and tried to attack Tazuna. Kakashi quickly detained him and apologized to Tazuna as he reassured them that he would be able to protect him well. Ayumi glared at the drunk man as she reached for her fan to give him a scare. Her plan was immediately shut down as Sasuke sighed, grabbed her hand away from her fan, and imprisoned it so she wouldn't be able to attack. Ayumi scowled and turned her head away from the drunk man. Sakura eyed their now held hands and her eyes turned dark. The Hokage was surprised to see how Ayumi wasn't pushing Sasuke away and was even more surprised to see Sasuke reach for someone like that. He smiled warmly to himself to see the two kids finally have someone to depend on.

"Okay meet an hour later. Get your stuff ready and meet by the exit of Konoha," Kakashi spoke. All 4 genins went their separate ways as they got ready for their first C-ranked mission.

An hour later, Ayumi and Sasuke first arrived at the bridge near the exit and waited for the rest. Ayumi who was feeling a bit sleepy leaned against the fence of the bridge as Sasuke moved near her so he could let her use him as a pillow. Ayumi didn't mind and slept soundly as the rest of the team arrived. Only waking up to Naruto's loud voice she punched him as she yawned and headed out where Kakashi and Tazuna were already walking.