Prologue

A new start. This was a new start, it had to be. No more of the old me, I had to put it behind me, everything. New country, new opportunities, new people and most important, new me. Had I turned I turned my head into a cliché for the moment? Oh yes I most definitively had.

To stop the snort that was building up inside me I took a sip of the coffee I just had bought. The only thing that was new right now was this town, and that wasn't exactly positive, because I was lost for the second time in an hour.

To my defense I had only been here for a day, and I was here all alone without anyone to help me settle. Maybe a bit depressing, but I refused to let it get to me. This was my chance to get a real job for once, and no matter what, this was going to turn out great. Well, if I found my way to where I was meeting my boss for the first time at least.

I stared blankly right in front of me desperately trying to remember where I was going. Unfortunately I had no luck at that. After one more sip of my coffee I considered just laying down in the middle of the street until someone helped me find the way to my job, or at least back to my hotel, but my dramatic plans were interrupted.

A loud scream caught my attention, and I looked at the other side of the street where a group of people was gathered. Curiosity got the best of me and I headed towards the group immediately. To my disappointment the group was starting to spread out as I arrived, but the low chattering between the people continued. Just as I was about to go back I discovered something I hadn't seen before. Breaking loose from what I considered as a crazy girl was one a little too familiar curly-headed guy. Confident smile with his hands in his pocket he agreed to one last picture were he flashed a smile, before he went towards were I was standing. I frowned.

I caught myself blinking an extra time just to make sure I wasn't imagining it. For a moment I was completely lost. How was I going to react? Should I say hi, or should I just turn around and pretend that I hadn't seen him? I took a deep breath, and decided to let the butterflies in my stomach take control.

"Oh my god. Harry!" I let out in a shriek just as he had passed me. The sad part about my shriek was that I had tried to sound calm and confident, but as usually I wasn't good at being confident. I probably sounded like one of his crazy fans, but I really wasn't. Of course I had heard of the most famous boyband in the whole world, but it wasn't because of their singing or drama that I had been careful to keep an eye on the band.

At the sound of his name he turned around and met my eyes. He smiled calmly at me and turned around went towards me. His dimples made my knees weak, and I had a hard time concentrating on keeping myself from falling to the ground. How could anyone possibly be this attractive? How?

"Hi," he answered in a polite tone. Before I could say or do anything he pulled out a piece of paper and a pen. Baffled I stared at him. He met my questioning eyes and handed me the pen and paper. Puzzled I took them and stared even more questioning at him.

"How 'bout you just write your number down and then we can get to know each other?" he asked.

"What?!" I said staring shocked at him. My tone seemed to humor him and while he laughed he shook his head slightly.

"Yes, Harry Styles just found you attractive and asked you out on a date," he said grinning at me.

"Excuse me?" The disappointed spread across me, and I couldn't help but replace it with anger.

"You're American," Harry said sounding a bit surprised. I stood there staring at him without knowing what to do. "See, we're already getting to know each other," Harry added.

"Are you kidding me?" I asked. By his face expression I figured he wasn't. "You don't remember me?"

It was like I watched the most beautiful guy in the world turn into a disgusting monster right in front of me. His cheeky and confident smile no longer seemed charming and made my heart beat faster, now it just made me sick. His green eyes no longer made my knees weak; now they made me want to run away from him or maybe even slap him… hard.