Part 3

After a few more drinks and a lot of talking we decided it was time to head home. We were all in a pretty good mood considering that we all had our fair share of drinks. None of us were drunk, especially not me since I had to get up rather early and I refused to have my first real day at work completely hangover.

"I never thought I would be this happy about or marketer having an assistant," Niall laughed.

"I never thought I would be working for the world famous One Direction," I added.

"I never thought I would be in a world famous boyband," Liam joined in. There was laughter in his voice, but his eyes were shining in a way that I could tell he was serious.

"I never thought Monica was gay," Harry suddenly said, which made me frown. Why would he completely change the subject like that? Why would he even open his mouth? Luckily Louis said something so I didn't have to.

"Well Harold… That's because you've got a thing for her," Louis teased. To my surprise Harry didn't do anything about Louis teasing behavior. So naturally I felt the need to clear this up by snorting.

"It's impossible to have thing for a person you've … only known for a day," I said. It looked like Harry was about to say something but he was interrupted by Niall.

"Not for Harry it isn't"

"What do you mean by that?" I asked irritated. Not only did it bother me that somehow his bandmates were always talking for him, but it annoyed the crap out of me that they all seemed to be on his side.

"There's rarely anyone catching his attention but when there first is, there's no way back," Niall said and somehow it seemed like he thought this was entertaining.

"Well to bad for him that he gets obsessed, because he's about to learn what rejection feels like," I said coldly without meeting his eyes.

"You'll be surprised at how smooth I can be," Harry said finally speaking up for himself.

"You'll be surprised at how cold I can be," I retorted giving him a death glare. Somehow that made all of us turn very silent, and I could feel all their eyes on me, including Harry's.

The car stopped and the tension was broken. I figured this was where my hotel was so I immediately stepped out of the car.

"Good night guys, I'll see you soon," I said giving them a small wave. They were about to answer my goodbye, but as Harry stepped out of the car they turned silent. "What are you doing?" I asked him. Last time I checked he didn't live at the same hotel as me.

"I'm going to walk you in," He answered like it was obvious. I ignored the teasing words from the boys and stared at him.

"No you're not,"

"Of course I am," He answered simply. There was a hint of a smile on his face, but his eyes were serious and persistent.

"I'm not a little girl, I can handle walking from the car and in to the hotel," I said.

"I'm not saying that you are, I'm just saying that I'm walking you to your room," Harry said, still not giving up.

"Come on Mon, just let him walk you in, I don't want to stay here all night!" Louis complained.

"Fine!" I said and turned around. My tactic was to just outrun him, but no matter how long steps I took I couldn't quite get rid of him. I was kind of relieved that he stayed silent, but as we waited for the elevator he seemed to get impatient with the silence.

"Had a good night?" he asked in a sweet tone. The smile on his face gave me a hard time not throwing up, but instead of telling him that I gave him a bittersweet smile.

"Fabulous… well at least until now," I said coldly. If Harry hadn't been next to me the sound of the elevators "pling" would have given me a huge smile. I stepped in and pushed the round button saying "five".

"You're staying in the fifth floor?" Harry asked.

"No, I just wanted to check it out you know, to see how the other floors are," I answered in my best sarcastic tone. Yet again he seemed surprised at my rudeness, but didn't get affected by it, which made me hate him even more. But even though his mood wasn't ruined by my sarcasm his speaking ability seemed to be, at least he kept his mouth shut until we stood in front of my room. We were standing kind of awkwardly as I waited for him to leave, but instead of doing as I wanted him to he did the opposite. And by opposite I mean he reached out his hand and gave me a smile.

"I'm really glad I got to meet you, and I'm sorry that we got off to a rough start," he said holding his hand out. I guess I should feel lucky that he didn't try to hug me, but I was still irritated with him. Just his British accent seemed to annoy me at this point, the fact that he was even breathing made me want to kill myself.

"I don't think you get it," I said silently and for the first time since we left the car his face wasn't as friendly as he looked at me.

"Get what?" he asked. His British accent and slow pronunciation somehow reminded me of a child. His green eyes were looking at me like I was some kind of mystery that he couldn't quite get a grip off.

"I don't think you get that no matter how nice you try to be with me I'm not buying it. I won't sleep with you and I sure as hell won't fall for you, so you might as well just give up now! Because no matter how nice you might seem I can see you for who you truly are. A womanizing jerk that does whatever he can do get in a woman's pants. I got news for you; I'm not falling for it,"

It felt good saying it. Every word that came on my mouth seemed to make him furrow his brows together, and by the time I was done his brows were so tightly pressed together that it seemed like there was no space between them at all. His lips were pressed firmly together and by the way he was standing I could tell that he was anxious to get away.

"I don't know what I have done to make you think so poorly of me," was all he said. There seemed to be real pain in his voice, but I was too busy being angry to care.

"Does it even matter?" I asked.

As he just stared at me I figured he didn't have an answer for my question. Harry had frozen and simply stood there while his eyes gazed at me. I couldn't tell what he was thinking, but by the way his eyes were measuring me I could tell he was examining me in every possible way.

"Good night," He said silently before walking away.

Completely and utterly shocked I watched him leave before I went into my hotel-room. The door shut and my knees got weak. As if by choice I sat down and rested my head in my hands while leaning heavily towards the door. This was going to be a long year with a lot more challenges than I'd expected, and I had this really bad feeling that as I looked back at this year I would see that a lot of things would change. And even though I was pretty sure that I didn't want that I didn't exactly now why.

I just needed stuff to stay this way, or else I would probably lose my mind.