An Invader Zim Special pt. 3

(Yeah. It's been a while since I've made IZ one shots. But here we are, again. The one shot where you're Dib and Gaz's biological mother and Professor Membrane's wife who was locked away in prison for years but got released and found out the two kids you saw at Bloaty's are yours. Gaz looks a lot like you do, just a kid. And Dib like his father.

Also, this chapter's going to be a bit weird because it's just an accurate depiction of a mother talking to her kids as they go through changes. A son with a girl at 'skool' that he likes and a daughter going through a new... cycle. So, yeah.)

A year-in-a half passes. Almost two. You still have not seen this Zim alien Dib had mentioned, but then again you didn't want to assume that he was not there. Because for up to eleven months, you did suspect a green boy in Dib's class with black hair, a red suit, some shell-like thing on his back (That's a pak, btw. Zim cannot live without it after ten minutes of it being off of him. Unaired episode from over 20 years ago.), etc. So, you didn't see Zim in his alien form.

You looked at Dib one of the days you went to skool to visit him and Gaz and you quietly asked, "Is that the Zim person you've been mentioning, honey?" He would nod for yes. At least he knows he gets his suspicions from you as Gaz gets her spitfire attitude from your former self... or still today out of motherly instincts and being in prison for so long, you have to resort to violence to protect your family.

You love your kids and you love your husband. In fact, you love and care about your family so much that you'll resort to being aggressive and violent towards anyone that threatens your children. You pulled out a knife on a man for calling your son a big-headed alien obsessed freak. 

Luckily for him, Dib stopped you and comforted you saying, "Mom. Resorting to violence won't solve anything." or, "It's okay. I love you." And so on. Your son's words would soothe you and make you smile. You were thankful your kids looked up to you.

Kids at the skool don't even risk messing with Dib anymore because of the side they saw of you. But then again, some of the kids had enough sense to understand that you're a mother protecting her children... and some of them including Zita knew you were in prison and being incarcerated for up to a decade did that to you.

Right now, you're at home and you're up in yours and Membrane's room. You're lying on the bed because you and your husband helped yourselves to some wine while Dib and Gaz were asleep. You had more than he did, so you're still in bed with a headache. 

You groan and you say, "Shiiiit... Ugh. I keep forgetting how much hangovers suck. I've been locked away for so long, I forget booze does this to you." You sigh and you lay there. You close your eyes. You whisper, "I'm just going to lay here for a bit." 

You suddenly feel a hand on your head and you hear the familiar voice of your son saying, "Mom... Hey." You sigh and you smile. In your tired state you say, "Hi, baby. How are you? You alright?" You turn to face his way and you see him. You open your eyes and you see Dib.

He says, "Hey, mom. I... I got you something. Here." He's got a glass of water and about two to three pills. You sigh and you sit up. You say, "Awe. Y-you brought this up for me?" He nods and says, "Take these. Please? Dad told me you're... well... hungover." 

You say, "Honey. You're old enough to understand all of this. I get it. Thanks, baby." You take the pills and water and you lean in to kiss him on the forehead. He smiles. You take the pills and you down them with the glass of water. You look at Dib and you say, "Thanks, sweetheart. I really needed this." He says, "Anytime, mom." He looks away.

You say, "Honey. Is there something on your mind that you need to talk about?" He shakes his head for no. You say, "Dib." He looks at you and you say, "Is it a girl?" He blushes and he says, "O-of course not. No way." He laughs a bit.