Desire

After the weird interaction me and Ruby had this morning, all I could think about was the cloud of thorns above my bed this morning. I got out of the old green tent and I went to the campfire. Ruby, Quartz, and Aqua were all ready there. "Where is jade?" I yawned. "Still sleeping" Aqua replied a little tense. "What's wrong" Quartz asked Aqua. "Jade snores very loudly, I couldn't get a wink of sleep last night" Aqua giggled less tense. After an hour of talking to each other Jade woke up. She was dressed in a fancy white gown and some black heels, make up done and all. Quartz took one look at her and started bursting out laughing. "What is so funny" Jade asked confused. "Your standing in poop" Quartz laughed. Jade looked down to see her heel stuck in poop. Ruby hoped to her feet and heated the poop but instead of it dissolving it burst right in Jade's face ruining her makeup. Jade looked directly at Ruby giving her an "I'll kill you" Look before rushing back into the tent. Aqua and Quartz couldn't stop laughing, Ruby on the other hand was sad and looked guilty. I hadn't noticed much of what happened as I was still lost in thought. "What's on your mind?" Quartz asked. I hadn't realized how close Quartz got to me so I backed away.  "Nothing" I said trying to sound emotionless. "Amy I can tell when something is wrong" Quartz said getting closer. "No, no you can't" I said scooting farther. "Amy I'll understand I promise" Quartz said grabbing my arm. "No you won't" I said and used my powers to teleport away from him. I didn't know I could do that, I thought to myself. "Wait Amy please" Quartz screamed after me. "Quartz don't" I yell blasting him with my powers knocking him to the ground. Everyone ran to him I tried to run back but I am ushered away by Aqua. "I think you've done enough" Aqua yelled at me. I felt tears emerge from my eyes and ran off. I ran not knowing where to go just knowing I can't stop running. Suddenly I was transported into the forest. The forest feels more like a home to me than the campfire. I don't know if it's the best decision to go back to the cave after what happened last time I was here, but I felt compelled to go there like it was my destiny. I heard someone, I hid behind the only tree that wasn't burnt down. "The message was received, master" A voice said. "But was it uncovered" Another older voice said. "I'm not sure of it but I think she'll get it" The voice replied. "Think, I don't want to know you think I want you to know" The old voice yelled. "You're useless to me now" The old voice said. I looked at the scene to see a man burning in a purple fire. I am grabbed by the mouth from behind. I tried to scream but to no avail, I was being carried away somewhere. I blacked out scared. I woke up in a dark room and a light turned on as I struggled. I was tied up very tight. "Let me go please" I cried. "You need to know" and an old man emerged from the shadows. "You are destined to kill every stone absorbing each of their powers and creating a new world." He started staring at me. "Well of course after you and the other stones destroy the earth, I mean we will have to make space for the new world" He laughed like a maniac. "My daughter you have grown weak but soon you'll be strong again like me" He said after a moment of silence. "You're not my dad, my dad is not a part of this" I yelled back. " Your so-called dad is a psychic, when you were young he looked into your future and ran off with you." he replied unfazed. "And my love Luna, your mom broke up with me to run away with you fake dad" He looked away after he said this.  "Wake up, please Amethyst" I heard a shout and woke up. "Amethyst you're finally awake I have been so worried about you" Ruby said helping me up. "What happened?" I asked while I was still waking up. "Well after what happened at the campfire I ran after you and I saw you faint" Ruby said still worried. I scanned my surroundings to find I was back at the campfire, this was the worst place I could be right now. "Ruby, I need to leave now, and don't get me wrong i'm so thankful that you cared but like Aqua said, I think I have done enough here" I told Ruby but felt someone grab me as I tried to walk away.  "Amethyst I'm so sorry I didn't know it would make you run away and faint" Aquamarine cried. I turned my head at Aquamarine avoiding her eyes. "Aqua I hurt Quartz I can't stay here not with that on my mind" I replied holding back tears. "Amy it's okay" Quartz said from behind. I ran to him and hugged him. "Quartz I don't belong here, I would hurt everyone here" I said as he wiped my tears. "Please Amy It would hurt more if you left us" Quartz answered persistently. I looked around and everyone looked worried. "I'll stay but not for long Quartz" I said pulling back from our hug. Ruby and Aqua ran to me and hugged me tight. I hugged back. They're not like me but they are the closest thing I have to a family, I'm finally with someone I can trust. I went back to the tent with Ruby as it was night by then. "Amethyst I didn't tell you the whole truth back then, When I saw you sleep walking I followed you into this forest. I saw someone grab you. Could you please tell me what's going on" Ruby asked. I pondered and a few seconds later said "Ruby I can't" I said laying down. "I understand" Ruby said upset but understanding. I kept on seeing my father or so he says in my head that night I didn't even get an hour of sleep. "Good Morning girls" Quartz Opened me and Ruby's tent. "Another three hours please" I yawned. "Come on we're all going hiking today don't you remember?" Quartz asked. "No, when did you tell us that" Ruby replied. I hadn't realized she woke up because I was so tired. "Um I told you let me think, right now come on please" Quartz begged. "Fine" I answered. "You two have thirty minutes to get ready" Quartz said leaving the tent. "More like thirty minutes to sleep" I mumbled. Ruby giggled "I wish but then it would be more like an hour of sleep knowing you" Ruby laughed. I began Laughing with her. I quickly slipped on my long dark gothic boots. "A little over dressed don't you think?" Ruby asked. "Me overdressed I'm sure I don't know what you mean" I giggled. I could tell Ruby had warmed up to me. "How do you think Quartz is going to make Jade wake up and hike?" I asked Ruby. "I think I know what's going to happen" Ruby giggled again. "I need my beauty sleep I can't get up this early it causes serious aging" I mocked Jade. I smiled. "Come on Quartz is going to complain" Ruby said helping me get out of the tent. "Where's Jade" I asked. "You know where she is" Quartz looked at me. "Getting ready" We all said in unison. After another hour Jade finally came out of her tent over dressed like always. And we all headed to the mountain. By the looks of it, it was cold, tall, and long. Jade looked so angry as Quartz told her it was just a little hill they had to get over to go to a beautiful inside pool. "This is not a pool, and this is not a little hill, you lied to me" Jade said disappointed. "Come on Jade it's a beautiful view probably the best view in the world, perfect for us to test our powers without anyone bothering us." Quartz begged. "Fine" Jade said knowing even if she would say no she would be forced to go anyway.