Chapter 1: Another one?

<><><><><><><><><><>

Location: Somewhere beneath the city of Tokyo

Current Time: 7:45 p.m.

Event: Underground Fighting

Reward: 10, 086, 720 yen

Rounds: Forty-seven

Expected duration of the Event: Six hours

====

Below the never-ending bustling lights and vast structures of Tokyo, slithering beneath the foundations, sewers, and reinforced concrete; within the abandoned layouts meant for train underground transportation, lay eager civilians participating in unauthorized activities.

Surrounded by rusty, corroded walls of concrete, it was evident that this occurrence was meant to be for a special set of audiences. Particularly those who enjoy a classic gladiator-like one-on-one session. Amidst a fairly compacted crowd, an octagon boxing cage was prominent in the middle of the gathering and throughout the entire closure. Within, dried dabs of blood and bits of flesh were laid out either in the corners, edges, or center of the ring, a reminder for fighters of the severity of this kind of fight. Only a couple of floodlights pointing at the ring were the only source of light for the entirety of the abandoned subsurface network.

For the audience, this is merely a thrill. An act of adrenaline that quenches the desire to witness bloodshed. A primal urge wired within every existing being.

Someone will die tonight. That was imminent in every event.

That's how the game goes.

...

The announcer of the ring broadcasted from the second floor of the rusty enclosure. "Welcome once more, ladies and gentlemen! Behold, the all-time champion just on the right—a 30-year-old 7-foot-4 black behemoth, weighing around 700 pounds of pure muscle—this man continues to punch, claw, gnaw, slash, and bite his way through every opponent! With a body count of 80, the next opponent must keep his guard up! No one has ever topped this monster of a man for years! Let's thank this man for his decade-long service to this event! Let's give a round of applause foooor Tetsuo Kurogawa!!"

In response, the crowd cheered.

"Now, on the left, this new overseas kid has been a rising star in our event! Coming in at 57 body counts, the astonishing height of 6 foot 2 for a teenager, weighing at 221 pounds—nearly left UNSCATHED in every single fight—give him a good cheer, ladies and gentlemen for Y/nnnn!"