Chapter 3: Adjustment

---

It started raining.

A significant pour hurled down the asphalt of the hillside. The trio, Gojo, Megumi, and Nobara as of late, just stood at the gaping hole of a tunnel. Where Y/n just entered.

Gojo breathed. "Soooo, what you guys think of Y/n so far--"

"I don't like him."

"I don't like him."

The teenagers answered.

Chortling, the teacher sighed. "Well, learn to like him cuz, he'll be with us for a loooong time~"

Nobara groaned like a child, stomping toward a nearby bus stop with a transparent plastic cover for shade. She sat on the bench.

Megumi followed, quietly grumbling an insult before sitting a foot away from Nobara on the same bench.

Gojo grinned. "Awww~ Now you two just stay put like the good lil kiddies you are, while I, on the other hand, buy me some takoyaki!"

The brunette huffed. "Buy some for me!!"

Megumi was about to say something but in a blink, Gojo was gone.

"Damn it," was all the spiked-haired teenager said.

"Fuck, now we have to wait for Y/n to get back now too? I hate this." Nobara said, crossing her legs. "What time is it?"

10:23 am

"It's..." Megumi slid his hand into his pocket and grabbed his phone. He looked at the time. "It's 10:23."

"Seriously?" The brunette expressed. "That much time passed already?"

"Yeah. Let's just wait."

"Let's just wait my ass," she retorted mockingly. "I don't wanna sit here in the middle of the damn sidewalk just behind a damn hill!! I want to eat!"

The latter rolled his eyes. "Deal with it."

"You're a brat too, you know that?"

"Shut up." Then the boy started fiddling with the apps on his phone.

"Ugh! What a pain. Now we have to wait for WHO knows how long--"

The downpour suddenly came to a halt.

"I'm done. Where's Gojo-sensei?"

Flinching at the entrance of a familiar tone, both teens looked up. Lo and behold, Y/n stood in front of them. Purple blood doused his yellow sweater, only half of his sleeves ripped, and his running shoes were gone. He's now on his feet.