Chapter 5: Exchange Event

---

Two months have passed. Within that significant time frame, Megumi and Nobara trained as much as they could. And of course, results came. Desirable results. They grew stronger; better. Their skill honed, precise, and accurate. Their dynamic thinking, enhanced, allowing them to strategize amidst adrenaline-fueled battles. Calluses formed on knuckles, palms. Kept emotions in check during fights. Focus undeterred. They've mastered skills they weren't able to master before, and they perfected the skills they already know.

Gradually, they grew. That much was evident. 

It was not just them, even the second years improved. Maki used cursed tools, to the point its almost like breathing. Engraved deep within every fiber of her being. Panda enhanced his strength, and Inumaki practiced durability.

In a short amount of time, they developed that much.

Except for Y/n.

He was absent most of the training sessions and headed to wherever God knows where. Just like lightning, however, he'd abruptly materialize in moments during sessions, and in a flash, he's gone. His excuse was "I have solo missions blud."

Regardless, he finally did not oversleep on the day of the Exchange Event.

As if the several rays of sunshine piercing through Y/n's curtains and the rather loud resounding of birds chirping wasn't enough, he finally arose.

Thanks to Maki kicking down his door, that is.

Groaning, kicking the blanket off his feet, the teenager hugged his pillow. "Mhh. Sleepy."

"Get your lazy bum off the bed." Maki ordered. Rolling her eyes, she stomped toward the edge of his bed. "Get up. The event's going to start. In an hour."

Y/n turned, hugging the pillow. His back was facing her. "Mh. No." He mumbled. "It's in an hour anyway...just..wake me up 5 minutes before..."

Growling, she threw a chair at him. It shattered.

"Ow--fuck okay! Fine, I'll get up jeez."

"Good."

He now rolled onto his back, smirking when he bathed in Maki's hardening glare. "Gimme a kiss first." He said, tapping a finger on his cheek. "Riiight here~"

"Shut the fuck up. Seriously."

"Awww. Fine..." The teenager groggily sat up from his bed, ruffling his hair.

He rubbed his eyes before looking up at Maki 

"You're...in your uniform already?" 

"Of course I am."

Sliding out of bed in just boxers, he stretched. He stood. Yawning, he replied. "Where are...the others?"

"They're eating downstairs--God just change up already." She said, looking away. "And hurry it up."

Grinning, he added. "You like what you see~?"

"No. It's small."

"Wooooow. You haven't even seen it yet~"

"I'm leaving." She said, her tone deadly low. With that, she stormed out of his room.

Snickering, Y/n proceeded to change, plodding toward his drawer adjacent to his bed. Sliding his arms into his personally customized uniform and his legs down the pants he ordered.