Not as easy as it looks

Jared's POV

As I was looking at the still water around my legs, I felt a vibration in my pocket. I understood that someone must be calling me but this completely broke any kind of concentration I had and the next wave almost hit my tracks. I quickly took a few steps back and pulled out my phone.

'Ryan Calling'

'He was one of my classmates whom I hang out with daily' I remembered from Jared's memories.

I picked up the phone and before I could even start the conversation I heard a girl's voice shout at me through the phone

"WHERE THE HELL HAVE YOU BEEN IDIOT? I HAVE BEEN CALLING SINCE MORNING AND YOUR PHONE WAS TURNED OFF. WE HAD TO CANCEL ALL OUR PLANS FOR TODAY"

I wanted to justify Jared's absence as well as the phone being powered off but I heard another voice on the phone.

"Give me the phone back Maya. Don't bite his head off without even giving him a chance to explain. Why do you two have to always fight like rabid dogs? Ughh...Jared...Jared you there?"

"Uh...yes Ryan" I answered hesitantly.

"You didn't come to school today...everything alright?" Ryan asked.

"Yea just had some fever this morning so couldn't even leave my bed. I guess Aunt May must have turned off my phone so I can rest."

"WHAT? YOU HAD A FEVER? Did you go to the beach alone last night and catch a cold because of that?" The same female aggressive voice blasted through the phone.

I just took a deep breath to control my temper and said "No Maya but I am at the beach now...I feel perfectly alright...it must be viral fever."

"What kind of idiot goes to the beach after waking up from a fever? hmph" Maya said haughtily.

"The kind that doesn't care what you think. I am going home now...will see you tomorrow in school"

"Wait...we can come there....hey Ryan don't snatch the phone from me....Jared, we'll see you tomorrow...Maya spare him at least one day, will you?" After a back and forth between Maya and Ryan the call got disconnected.

"Jared's friends are not a complete mess. At least Ryan seems somewhat sensible." I said as I rolled down my tracks and started walking back home.

I wanted to explore the neighborhood a little more and even meet with Jared's friends to see if they were going to be of any use but the sudden situation with the water turned everything upside down.

I wasn't to disappointed since I came to this world since many humans have achieved a lot here without having any kind of superpowers but now that there is a small chance of me having one, I can definitely get into the entire Avengers mess confidently.

My last resort was going to be becoming a sorcerer but I wasn't sure if I even have the talent for it as Ned did in the latest Spiderman movie.

While thinking all this I reached home. Aunt May, who was sitting on the couch working on her laptop looked up and asked "You just left an hour ago...how did you come back so early? Did your fever return?"

She was about to get up and check me for fever but I immediately stopped her and said "No No Aunt May...actually it was very sunny outside and I felt like I needed a shower so I came back. I also need to go back to school tomorrow so I need to study as well."

Aunt May who was already half standing sat back down on the couch and said "Alright freshen up and do what you want but if your body heats up again, I won't be sending you to school tomorrow."