PPEB: Eavesdrop onto Adults.

Extra Chapters on P@treon

https://www.patreon.com/lazarus898

I also have another Fanfiction going on Webnovel.com 'Uchiha's Genjutsu Demon' which has close to 390 chps. Do check it out as well.

_____________________________________________________________

"What happened?" Aunt May asked as she saw me space out a bit. I was about to apologize and go back to helping Maya but Aunt May walked close to me and asked "If you are still thinking about that man's murder then don't. If you want, you can take a leave from school tomorrow and we can go for a movie or something...just to lighten the mood you know."

I looked at Aunt May's eyes and all I could see was pity and care. Throwing away the useless thoughts circulating in my mind, I just smiled and said "I have a project submission tomorrow so I have to go...but I will take you up on your offer this Saturday...Peter can join us as well."

Hearing this, Aunt May's smile also widened as she ruffled my hair and said "Go and help out Maya now...We have prepared something for you guys to eat."

"Before the party starts?" I asked in a confused tone to which Aunt May chuckled and said "Its just a taste test of the things we have prepared but together they will be enough to fill your stomachs till the main event."

As I was rearranging my hair walking towards the hall, I heard a loud sound.

Crash! Bang! Whack!

This noise was then followed with the sound of multiple car alarm sounds and honking. I looked back at Aunt May to which she said "This day just keeps getting more and more chaotic."

Me and Aunt May made our way toward the hall and saw Derek and Maya were already standing outside the house...just at that time Ryan also walked down to the hall after changing his clothes and Mrs Smith and Elise came out.

All of us looked at each other but we knew that it had nothing to do with us since the sound came from a distance. We all went outside and saw smoke coming from a distance. The distance was nearly 2 blocks from Ryan's place.

"Derek, what happened?" I asked as I tried to get a better look to which he said "Looks like an accident for now...it all happened suddenly...a black SUV just speeded through here a few seconds later and seems like that's what caused the accident.

"I'll go and see for now...I might need to stay until the cops arrive." Elise said as she got in her car.

"This city is getting more and more dangerous every year. It feels like the world has changed since Tony Stark became Iron Man." Mrs Smith said while shaking her head.

After a few seconds, we all got inside the house. Within a few minutes, everyone had come out from the shock of the car accident and everything was back to chaos and laughter.

Just as we were almost done with the preparations, we heard the sound of a car in the driveway. As we looked through the window, we saw that it was Uncle Mathew's (Ryan's Father) car.

"Dad"

"Dad's here" the kids ran outside to welcome their father.

Ryan's father who had a serious expression until now, smiled brightly after seeing the two little ones in new clothes. After the trouble he went through since this morning was suddenly worth it after seeing them.

As he was coming in, he noticed the commotion going on at a distance. As he saw his wife after entering the house he pointed toward the road and asked "Honey, what's the matter over there? What's all the fuss about?"